|Happiness is a simple sundae :)|
I will be flying home a week today, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very excited! I have loved being in Linz and doing the show, I very close to my cast mates and we've been very lucky with the weather and everything, but I'm very much a home-is-where-the-heart-is kind of gal :)
I have found the last few days away a little bit difficult, my lovely parents have flown back home which is sad, and I feel that I've been away from my Sweetheart for much too long, so I decided a little pick me up was in order. And I rediscovered the classic hot caramel sundae from McDonalds! Do you remember those?? These are the treats of my childhood, long before the invention of the McFlurry, and I would always get the hot fudge version when I was younger, but now it's the caramel that really floats my boat :) It was very comforting tucking into a sweet snack that reminded me so much of home, sometimes it's the small things that really help you feel happy. Anyways, allow me to bring you as much midweek joy as that little sundae (for the fine price of only 1 euro!) brought me, here are some gorgeous links for your gorgeous selves! Enjoy :)
- On the subject of pick me ups I really enjoyed this post from Lauren at Tea and Crumpets about reasons to be cheerful. Sometimes when you're feeling a bit low or blue you really just need to give yourself a little shake and move on. Thanks Lauren for helping me to feel cheerful this week!
- This post from Colette Patterns about pin tucks has got me longing once more for my sewing machine, pin tucks are such a pretty detail, I can't wait to try them out myself!
- This week Quincy of Q's Daydream has been rocking my world once more, this time with a beautiful Parisian inspired playsuit. I have always been intimidated by cropped tops of any kind, but this outfit (the top paired with a high waisted skirt) is so flattering it may tempt me to give such tops a go myself...
- And whilst we're on the subject of cropped tops, Casey also shared one (made from the same pattern as Quincy's I believe, great minds think alike!) which is equally beautiful, in polka dots. Paired with high waisted shorts it looks just perfect :)
- Some more sewing admiration from me, this time for this adorable romper over at A Fashionable Stitch. I love the candy strips, and yet again I have been shown that a style I thought may not work can be very flattering, stylish and fun when done well. And in this case it was done superbly!
- Land Girl 1980 has given us more tips on setting hair, this time using perming rods to great effect. This post has made me long for my own Vintage Hair Diary adventures (sadly stunted since I've been away!) so I decided to do a mini adventure myself for the rest of my stay in Austria. Watch this space, more updates soon!
- Is anyone else completely in love with Casey's new series, Cherished Collections? She has posted about many of her own collections and has invited other bloggers to write about theirs. As a bit of a hoarder myself I find looking through other people's collections of nick nacks fascinating, so I've been loving this series so far. Check it out, I'm sure you'll love it too!
- And to finish I'm going to leave you with two inspiration-type posts from two fabulous bloggers. Firstly this Sunday Pulp post from Tea for Two and then this gorgeous set of Tim Walker photos over at Harem of Peacocks. Give them a gander, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Now wasn't that wonderful? :) Have a fabulous rest of the week my lovely readers, join me again for more posts soon!