Saturday 9 July 2011

Pink Sugar

Now I love my red lipstick, it gives instant glamour and adds the perfect vintage flair to an outfit, but recently I've been feeling a little inspired to move in a more pink direction...

Source

With summer finally upon us (it's been so hot and sunny in Linz, hurrah!) and a sudden rekindling of my love of 50s fashion (check out my recent makes, my Pretty in Pink half circle skirt and my Wonderful Wonderland Circular skirt, both very 50s inspired) I felt the need for a new look, something a bit sweeter and softer for the warm weather...

Source

I'm sure that you can see in these adverts what attracted me to the idea! There's something so girlie and frivolous about pink lips, how can one not be tempted? Anyways, on my way to Austria I decided to treat myself in the duty free and find myself the perfect pink for the summer. After playing around for a while I decided to go for the incredibly gorgeous Rouge Coco Lipstick by Chanel in shade 11, "Legende", together with a Pink Sugar (best name ever!) lip pencil. It's good to be indulgent from time to time :)

Source

Today was said lipstick's public debut, and I have to say I'm liking the pink look...

Lovely new lipstick!

It gives me just the look I wanted, bright and colourful without being as bold as my usual red (not that bold is a bad thing, it's just nice to have the choice of some variety!). Plus the pink hue goes really well with my Summery outfits...

It's nice when the lipstick matches the dress

And of course I'm not bidding farewell to my signature colour - red will always be my favourite! - but I've now added another yummy colour into the mix, which is always a good thing!

Pink is good :)

I hope you all have Weekend filled with things as lovely as my new lippie :)

Bye for now!

3 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

That's a very flattering colour on you! I've been wearing a dark rose pink quite a lot recently - as you say, it suits the weather! but I think I need something just a shade lighter.

LandGirl1980 said...

I too have started to think pink. Just need to wean myself of rouge first!

Katie said...

Foodycat - Thank you, I like it :) I'd like to try a paler pink if I can, maybe a real candy pink, but for now I'm happy working with this shade and of course my red!

LandGirl1980 - Pink is good, but my heart will always belong to red :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...