Friday 8 July 2011

Pin Up Embroidery: Girl #1

Hello and a very happy Friday to you all! And what better way to start a Friday than to have completed my first Pin Up Girl!

Isn't she just delicious?! 

Samantha the Sailor Girl 

For my first girl I think she looks pretty good :) I decided to go for a blue, white and red colour scheme, very nautical and also very patriotic, hence her name (Samantha = Sam = Uncle Sam, see my train of thought?!). I also added a few little extra lines to her hat and some extra curls to her hair, just because they look pretty :)

Samantha Close Up

I'm not going to lie, I'm chuffed with how she's turned out! I think that with my next Pin Up I may try using a little more variety in my stitches, as for Samantha I just used split stitch with some back stitch and french knots for her facial details. It would be good to learn some more fancy stitches! For now I'm just going to take a bit of time to admire my handy work. One down, seven to go!

My first completed Pin Up!

Happy Friday everyone!

13 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

That's amazing! If that is your first I can't imagine how polished the 8th is going to look!

Barn House Antiques said...

She is so great!

Katie said...

Thank you both! I am happy with how she looks :)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

So cute - I love her! And very neat also.

Reagan said...

So exciting. She looks fantastic...can't wait to see more!

MissGinger said...

she is lovely - love the stocking tops! xx

Anonymous said...

Samantha is gorgeous! I love her sandals. Great job!

Caroline C. said...

Oh how absolutely lovely! I've got to get on this embroidering train...and the knitting train. :P

Katie said...

Lakota - Thank you! Yeh, I'm a bit of a neat freak, I guess it's coming out in my stitching :)

Reagan - Thanks :) more coming soon! At least more will come when I have time to work on more! heehee

MissGinger - Thank you! I'm glad you like them, that's one of my favourite bits too :)

mala-14 - Thank you so much! I know, I wish I had her shoes...

Caroline C - Yes, get on both trains, it's fun here! :D

Elise said...

Wow excellent sewing, she looks amazing! :)

Unknown said...

This is brilliant well done x

Casey said...

So, so adorable!!! I cannot wait to see the other pin up girls you're going to embroider. This is making me want to spend some time working on a set of nautical dish towels I've wanted to make for the past year... ;)

Katie said...

Faff - Thank you! The next one will be coming up soon :)

Hannah - Thank you so much!

Casey - Thank you, I'm glad you like her, I'll be posting about the next one very soon! And those dish towels sound amazing, everyone should have more embroidery in their lives!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...