Thursday 14 July 2011

Pin Up Embroidery: Girl #2

My second Pin Up is finished! Here she is, I'm sure you'll understand why I have named her Marilyn :)

Marilyn, she's a minx!

I am really getting into this embroidery lark! I decided to get a bit fancy and add a lot more detail to my second Pin Up, giving her a lacy look to her underwear with lots of little french knots. I also used much smaller stitches for her facial features which I think gives her a more polished look than my first Pin Up (practice makes perfect!). Here are some close ups to really show all those yummy details...

Marilyn Close Up 1

Marilyn Close Up 2

The more of these beauties I stitch up the more I love them! Embroidery is such a great thing to do when I get home from the theatre in the evenings, it's the perfect way to unwind after a hard day's work. I cannot wait to start my next girl, I am officially addicted!

My second Pin Up completed!!

I want to thank you all for the love you have been showing these Pin Ups so far, your lovely comments have made me so happy! So many of you have mentioned an interest in embroidery yourselves, and I say get on it! I really hope you all get your fancy threads out and start creating some lovelies of your own, and please send me pictures if you do :) Let's start the embroidery revolution!

Bye for now!

11 comments:

Barn House Antiques said...

Marilyn is great. I love her details, it really makes her. As does all the different colours.

How do you learn embroidery? Are there kits in shops? You have really peaked my interest.

Casey said...

Wow... I'm just in awe of how detailed she is--bravo!

Must buy embroidery supplies now! You're inspiring me! :)

Reagan said...

Beautiful! I've totally been inspired by you. I whipped up a full circle skirt yesterday and decided to applique a couple of dogs onto it...so I'm now embroidering all the little details onto my little guys. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll blog about it as soon as I'm done!

Young Vintage Girl said...

Oh my that is really good! I 've always wanted to embroidery like that.
This is inspireing me. :)

Anonymous said...

Marilyn is so saucy! I really like the French knots. Your pin-up girls are so much fun!

Tasha said...

WOW! So fantastic. I love the details in her face!

Katie said...

Barn House Antiques - Thank you so much! I really taught myself how to embroider, but there are plenty of fab tutorials online to learn from. Embroidery kits are also easy to come by if you want a complete starter kit. I got my Pin Up transfers from Sublime Stitching and I know they have some gorgeous looking kits (look here: http://www.sublimestitching.com/kits.html) I like their stuff because it's fun and different, so definitely give them a look. But if you have any craft shops local to you, chances are they will stock embroidery kits too. I hope this has helped, do let me know if you start some embroidery, I'd love to see what you create :)

Casey - Thank you! I'm so happy that I've started embroidery fever! That makes me so happy :)

Reagan - that sounds amazing! I love applique, I'm sure your skirt looks fabulous :) Pictures soon please!

Young Vintage Girl - My advice is just do it, it's so much easier than it seems. And practice makes perfect. I really hope you give it a go, thank you for the lovely comment!

mala-14 - Thank you!

Tasha - Thank you, I'm glad you like her :)

Wendy Bayford said...

She is Wonderful, love how detailed you've made her and your stitchery is so neat! Beautiful!

Kate said...

She looks fantastic!!

By the way, I've given you a blog award :)
http://vintageinamodernworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/award-time.html

Barn House Antiques said...

Thank you so much...I just checked out sublime stitching. I am going to order a kit and get the Cat-A-Rama transfers with it and I will buy Camp out Transfers too. They have such great stuff. Thank you so much.

Katie said...

Wendy - Thank you, I'm glad you like her :)

Kate - Thank you for your comment and thank you again for the award, I'm very happy right now!

Barn House Antiques - It's completely my pleasure, I'm really glad you liked Sublime Stitching, it's great isn't it? You picked two of the transfers I have my eyes on too, you have good taste ;) I look forward to seeing what you create, good luck! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...