Hello there my lovely readers and welcome to a rather special Wednesday Wonderfuls. Why is it special, you may ask? Well, it's special because today I'm going to share with you the first tentative pictures of my Sweetheart and I's new flat! There's still so much to do before everything is the way I want it to be, it's still far from perfect, but after the past few days of moving things are finally starting to come together. It's a very happy time!
|Images, Each Row from Left to Right:|
1. Some of my cookbook collection 2. Our sweet kitty kat clock! 3. Princess Buttercup
4. I love my new cake stand 5. My crochet blanket hides the dodgy sofa :) 6. It's Gladys the dress form!
7. Bedtime :) 8. My makeshift sewing space 9. More of my cookbooks!
There are a whole heap of DIY projects that I intend to start when my tour is finished (in less than 4 weeks now, eek!) including making removable covers for the sofa (the current sofa is cream leather, not my style AT all), running up a whole bunch of curtains and maybe some bunting, making a jewellery holder, and the list goes on! And hopefully I'll be sharing my projects with you all along the way, I can't wait to watch my new home develop and share it all here :)
On a side note I used my beautiful shiny new KitchenAid mixer for the first time today and I am totally and utterly in love! I have named her Princess Buttercup, partly because of her gorgeous golden colour and partly for my love of the classic movie "The Princess Bride". I made orange and oat muffins and the whole experience was a joy! Baking in the flat definitely helps it feel more like home :)
|The progression of my Orange and Oat Muffins!|
So you can safely say that I'm pretty happy right now! And I feel like spreading a bit of that happiness around, so here are some web-world-Wonderfuls just to share the joy!
- I adore this how to paint your own bike tutorial! Who says a cute vintage bike needs to cost the earth?
- My favourite new-to-me blog this week is definitely the lovely Homebird, every one of her posts is beautiful and her project are stunning. Just take a look at her beautiful cross stitch work, she's reawakened the cross-stitching bug in me I can tell you!
- Everyone should take part in the Apronalong over at Did You Make That. It looks like such fun, I will definitely be checking it out myself :)
- Anyone else decorating? Check out these five favourite secrets to good styling and full decorating by the amazingly stylish Emily Henderson. I guarantee you'll have one fabulous looking home after taking her advice.
- It's both my Birthday and my Sweetheart's Birthday at the end of this week (one day apart if you can believe it!) so I think some special breakfasts are in order! I really want to give this raspberry and white chocolate french toast a go, it looks almost too good to be true :)
- And finally, just for fun, I just have to share this little kitty with you, it made me giggle for much longer than it should have!
Have a wonderful rest of the week my lovely readers, I hope you've got lots of fabulous adventures planned :)
Bye for now