Friday 22 July 2011

My Vintage Hair Diary - Mini Hair Adventure #2

Welcome to the second of my Mini Hair Adventures, the first one seemed to be a real hit with you all, so I decided to do another right away, plus I really am enjoying making my hair look purdy (plus it's started to rain everyday in Austria so there's not much to do other than stay at the hotel and play with my hair...!). Today is another of Casey's hair tutorials - I do love them because they always look so sweet and are easy to follow :) - it's very cute and simple...


More fancy hair!

This is a variation on the way I usually wear my hair (the way I have worn it in almost every outfit post I have ever done! heehee!) and my basic look is wearing my hair loose with the front sections twisted and pinned against my head for a 40s look. This tutorial uses that same style but adds two little braids, each starting just under the ears, which are then crossed and pinned at the top of the head to form a little braided headband. I don't know what you think but I think this look is really damn adorable!

The "do" from one side

The "do" from t'other side

From the pictures above it's very difficult to see the cute criss-crossing braids, so I tried to take some close ups of these details for you, but I'm afraid when it's just me and my camera phone taking pictures the quality isn't amazing. Plus I was taking pictures of my head which wasn't the easiest thing in the world! Where's my Sweetheart, the master of my blog photography, when I need him? :) Anyways, here's the best I could come up with for close ups of the braids...

Can you spy a little braid there?

Another little hidden braid!

Cute huh? Again this is another great style that I can use on my natural curly hair - no straightening needed, hurrah! - and it's a nice twist on the basic style I use regularly. It's really good for spring/summer because the braids pull the main body of my hair band away from my face which keeps me nice and cool. When I try this look again (which I'm sure I will soon, it's pretty!) I'm going to try slightly bigger braids as these smaller ones get a bit hidden in my curls.

I like this pretty summer look

So there you have it, another new vintage inspired hair do! I am really enjoying these Mini Hair Adventures, it's so nice to have something fancy to do with my hair that doesn't take forever and is suitable for everyday :) Have any of you tried this look for yourselves? I'd love to hear about it if you have! Plus if you have any fabulous hair tutorials that you use all the time please let me know about them, I'd love to give them a go!

Bye for now, lovely readers, I hope you have a very happy Friday!

6 comments:

Kate said...

I love it! If I had thicker hair, I'd definitely give it a go, but alas, it's take most of my hair to make a decent plait, then I'd just have a thin tuft sticking out of the back!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and dainty! I should give it a try. I love Casey's tutorials!

Unknown said...

So cute I must try this x

Katie said...

Kate O - I think this would be harder with thinner hair, my hair is really quite thick and it still felt much thinner in the finished style!

mala-14 - Thank you, I know, she does the best tutorials :) Give it a go, it's really easy!

Hannah - I hope you do :)

Lavender and Twill said...

~ * ♥ * ~

You know what's great Katie? I have the exact same type of hair as yourself {wild, untamable curls!!} and I use Casey's tutorial too because it works really well with my hair{as evidence by your photos!}.

I am very interested in seeing what other hair styles you come up with, because I am always looking for 40s/50s inspired hair that doesn't involve a hair straightener!

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

Katie said...

bonita - I'm glad you like the post, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with curls! Thanks for your lovely comment, there will be more mini hair adventures soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...