Tuesday 26 July 2011

Pin Up Embroidery: Girl #5

Pin Up Girl number five is completed! Let me introduce you to Samantha's identical twin, Sarah!

Sarah the Sailor Girl

I have kept her colour scheme very simple, just using black, white and red (the colours used in the original painting this transfer was based in) and I think she actually looks extra cute in her simplicity. I did add in a few special details: she has tiny anchors on her hat and her dress!

Sarah Close Up

So that's five out of eight completed, I'm over half way! I cannot wait to finish the final three so that I can wear the skirt out, it's been so much fun working on it and watching it come together :)

The fifth Pin Up finished, I'm over half way!

I hope you all have a very happy Tuesday!

(P.S. I survived my epic bus journey - just about! - and today is my final performance playing Jeanie in the tour of Hair. It's quite sad, but I can't be too glum as I'm coming home tomorrow, hurrah! Bye for now lovely readers x)

11 comments:

Wendy Bayford said...

Another cracker! Glad to hear your journey went well! Hope you enjoy your final performance:)

Barn House Antiques said...

Excellent work, again!!

Rachel said...

Wow! I love her! his has made me think about trying a saucy embroidery lady for myself...

Glad you survived the horror of the bus trip!

Rachel
Miss Cherry
xxx

Lady Jardin - Vintage Views of the South Coast said...

She's a beaut! I can't wait til you finish the skirt either, I want to see pictures! hehe.

I'd better get my butt down the post office if you're on your way home, heh. SO glad you've had a fab time on tour and everyone loved it :)

Good look with the other 3 girls, what colours will you be using next?

xxx

Anonymous said...

Sarah looks great in the red and white. The anchors are too cute!

Casey said...

So cute! You've inspired me to pick embroidery up (again... it's really not been something I've focused on very much over the years), and I've been stitching away most evenings the past week. So much fun and very relaxing...

Congrats at being over halfway finished with these lovely pin ups!

Unknown said...

So adorable so excited to see the skirt it is going to be amazing x

Katie said...

Wendy - Thanks Wendy! It all went well and now I'm just getting settled back at home :)

Barn House Antiques - Thank you!

Rachel - I'd love it if you did, there need to be more saucy embroidered ladies in the world! Thanks for your lovely comment!

Lady Jardin - Thank you, it won't be long now, I need to wear this skirt while it's still summer! And yes please, I can't wait to get my goodies! I'm not sure what colours I'll be using for my next ladies, I've really just been playing it by ear, but probably one that's manly blue, one that's pink and one with yellow hues, but really I'll just see what goes when I get there!

mala-14 - Thank you! I love the little anchors too, they make me very happy :)

Casey - yay, I'm so glad you've been inspired to sew, I've loved doing this project so much so I'm glad to pass those feelings along! I cannot wait to see what you come up with :)

Hannah - Thank you!

lexi said...

Hello - I've just clicked over from Casey's blog. This is the most gorgeous project! I've been thinking about taking on some embroidery, but can't decide what to stitch onto first! Silly, I know. I can't wait to see how the skirt turns out. Thanks for sharing!

Hello Jodi said...

Your stitches are so even and perfect. Beautiful!

Katie said...

Lexi - thanks so much for your comment, it's great to have you here :) the skirt is now almost finished so I won't keep you waiting for long!
Hello jodi - thanks fir your comment, I'm glad you like it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...