Wednesday 13 July 2011

Wednesday Wonderfuls #26

Welcome, lovely readers, to my midweek pick-me-up! I have some fabulous Wonderfuls in store for you today, but first I thought I'd share some food with you. Yes, you heard correctly :) I've found myself obsessing over food recently, maybe it's because performing eight shows a week leaves you constantly hungry, I don't know, but there are a lot of food related snap shots on my phone at the moment, so I thought, why not share? :) (I know this is pretty random but I'm in a pretty random mood today, perhaps it's heat stroke...)

Here are some of my favourites, just looking at them is making me peckish right now...

Homemade chocolate cake and cream, swoon!

Hot chocolate, still swooning!

Gnocchi is my friend...

Yes, I eat chinese food out of a bucket, I'm that classy

Who couldn't be happy eating with this fork??

That's quite enough foody goodness for now, I'm really feeling quite hungry now, so here are some Wonderfuls to distract my rumbling belly!

There really has been some great stuff around the blogosphere this week, here are my personal favourites:

  • This fabulous pin curl set from Tami set me itching to get started again with my Vintage Hair Diary, her locks are always so perfect! Here you can see pictures of her finished look, her sailor dress is too gorgeous!
  • Check out this beautiful version of Ceylon in green by Tilly. This dress pattern is one of my favourites so it's always lovely to see it made so well. Perhaps it's a sign that I should make another for myself...
  • If you read my blog regularly you have heard me go on (and on!) about my love of hand sewing in my projects, so I found this article - (Wo)man Vs. Machine - by Gertie very interesting. I'll always take hand stitching over machine, it's just who I am, but it's good to look at things from a different perspective from time to time :)
  • This amazing dress from Wearing History really made my day, it's utterly stunning, I love the crossing straps and the pocket detail. A perfect dress!
  • I love reading about people's adventures abroad and there have been some great ones over at La Ville Inconnue about Paris, the pictures are dreamy...
  • Miss B of A Girl A Style transported me to Cambridge with this post, you simply must read it! I defy you to not want to move there at once after reading, plus the photos are gorgeous :)
  • I cannot explain how excited I am about Gertie's new online sewing course! I;m going to take it and it's going to be awesome, simples!
  • I didn't know what Rouleau was before this week, but after reading this post over at Colette I can fast see it becoming a new obsession of mine. I love anything that adds detail to an outfit :)
  • And finally, Casey has done it again with another brilliant tutorial, this time for a 50s dress which is too cute to be true. Check out parts 1 and 2, you won't regret it!


You must admit those Wonderfuls are pretty Wonderful :) 
I hope you all have a marvellous rest of the week, if the weather is anywhere near as nice for you as it is in Austria right now then I know you'll all be happy!

Bye for now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gnocci is delicious, Chinese food in a bucket how chic hah x

Katie said...

Hannah - I know! But what can I say, the heart wants what the heart wants :)

Elise said...

Oh man all that food looks amazing, not had good chocolate cake in far too long! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...