Saturday 23 July 2011

My Vintage Hair Diary - Mini Hair Adventure #3

** I'm going to apologise in advance for the quality of the photos in this post, it was so grey and rainy this morning when I took these that I had to rely on hotel style artificial lighting - not good! Plus I'm using my camera phone, I need a new camera pretty badly! Anyways, sorry for my photos :( **

It's time for the third installment of my Mini hair adventures, exciting I know :) This is actually quite an interesting one as it took a few twists and turns in development.

I woke up this morning with the intension of sporting this lovely "do" from the Freelancer's Fashion Blog, the eternal roll. Pretty isn't it? I have tried this style before with some success so I thought it would be fun to give it another go. However, I had terrible trouble rolling my hair the whole way around my head, it just wasn't happening. My arms got tired, my hair started to poff and I was feeling generally grumpy. I felt like giving up, just tying my hair and back and leaving it whilst having a bit of a sulk (hopefully I'm not the only one who sometimes develops this kind of a reaction to my hair!), but I didn't. Instead I decided to wing it, and I created my own little hairdo! So this is my kind of half-version of the eternal roll, I must admit I am a bit proud of myself!

I did this hairdo myself don't you know ;)

Basically I kept one side of my hair rolled up, then I took the hair from the other side of my parting, rolled this up onto the other side of my head before taking the loose end of hair and rolling them up together at the back to finish (hopefully that has made some sense to some of you!). It's definitely a bit of a half eternal roll, and I think it looks rather good. I like the fact that using two rolls instead of one I've created a bit of a quiff at the front of my hair :)

The "do" from one side

The "do" from the other side - complete with quiff!

Here are a few shots of the back of my head to help you see exactly what I've done, taken with the help of one of my cast mates (who seemed a bit bemused when I asked them to take pictures of the back of my head, but was very helpful nonetheless!).


Rolled up hair

A slight side shot of the rolled hair :)

Once again this is a style that works with my natural hair, just combed out a bit to make it smoother, which is always a plus - the less heat used on curly hair the better, heat = frizz! And yes I know this is probably a style that has been created many times by others but this is the first time I have endeavored to create a vintage look without the use of some kind of tutorial or guide, so please forgive me for feeling a bit smug right now! 

My creation, happy days!

I think that this style is really cute, it would be even cuter with a flower or a bow on the side but unfortunately all my lovelies of this kind are at home *sob sob*. On a more happy note, however, I will be home in four days so hurrah! I hope you've enjoyed this Mini Hair Adventure, sorry if you're now finding them a bit tedious, I must admit I've become a bit addicted!

Have a wonderful Weekend my wonderful readers, I hope you treat yourselves and do something fancy with your hair :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I always see girls with this hair do and could never work out how it's done. Thanks so much for sharing. x

Debi said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! I've been loving following your hair adventures :)

LandGirl1980 said...

Uber jealous. I CANNOT do any kinds of back rolls with my barnet!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, and so refined looking. I want to try this one now! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Kelly-Marie - it's my pleasure, I hope you found it useful!

Debi - Thank you so much!

LandGirl1980 - Well I didn't think I could either before this do! :)

mala-14 - Thank you! If you give it a go do send me a picture!

Rhia said...

I love it! I wish I had long enough hair to do this same hairdo. It's one of my favourites of vintage hair styles. But unfortunately it will take several months to get long enough hair to do it. I made the mistake of getting my hair cut in last December and it takes veeeery long time to grow back. It looks cute on you!

Isis said...

Very pretty and smart-looking!

)

Katie said...

Rhia - Thank you! I've been so tempted to cut all my hair short, but since trying out these styles I have realised it's easier to have something to work with!

Isis - Thank you :)

Wendy Bayford said...

I have never managed back rolling either:( Love your version, you have inspired me to have another go:)

Katie said...

Wendy - I found my version a lot easier than others online, perhaps I'm not doing it completely correctly but it worked for me and lasted all day so I don't really care! If you do give it a go I'd love to see some pictures :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...