Hello there lovely readers! Happy Wednesday to you all :) I hope you've all been having a marvellous week so far, all your lovely comments on my Knitted Dressing Gown completely made mine! I'm so glad you all like it, for those of you who were interested this is the pattern, it's from a book called "Beads, Buttons and Lace", and as for the yardage, it's about 2448 yards of yarn! Eek! But like I said, thank you for all the lovely comments, I've been grinning from ear to ear all week :)
Now is it just me or are we more than ready for a bit of spring time? I know it's still only February and the weather probably won't be picking up for a while, but I'm so ready to break out my Spring and Summer frocks and shoes, I can't even tell you! I just want to frolic about in pretty pastels and heels, is that a crime? I've been feeding my need for Springtime by collecting pretty pictures, here are a few of my favourites...
|Sources, Clockwise from top left:|
1. Zooey Deschanel, 2. Yellow Shoe, 3. Pink Bag, 4. Dita Von Teese,
5. Zooey Deschanel, 6. Green Shoe, 7. Anna Friel
I'll take one of each please!
And as if that wasn't enough, allow me to bring some sunshine to your lives with a fabulous selection of my picks from the Blogosphere, bring on the Wonderfuls!
- I can't get my head around how amazing this refashioned dress is over at The Old Life, take a look, it will completely blow your mind!
- I am seriously thinking of signing up for the Dessert of the Month cross stitch patterns from The Frosted Pumpkin, I love desserts, I love cross stitch and the patterns are ridiculously cute. You can't really go wrong!
- You may know that I want to make my first quilt this year and so I was thrilled when Casey of Elegant Musings wrote this post asking for advice. If you too are a quilting beginner then read through some of the comments on this post, they are so helpful! They led me to the Diary of a Quilter, and now I'm addicted!
- Anyone else a fan of the costume from Glorious 39? Well in this post the lovely Wendy of The Butterfly Balcony shows you how to recreate these styles and the types of patterns you can use to do so. A brilliant post!
- I want every single item on this favourite kitchen tools guide from Shutterbean. Oh to have my own Kitchen Aid mixer!
- There have been some beautiful finished projects on the blogs this week, my personal favourites are these green silk pyjamas over at Tickety Boo Tupney and Tilly's gorgeous Thinking in Shapes Skirt.
- And finally I think you are all going to love these DIY shoes by Cassie, I mean, who doesn't want pencil or crayon shoes?! I'll take one pair of each please :)
Hopefully those Wonderfuls have brought some light to what has been a bit of a grey day, and hopefully it will be getting sunny soon!
Have a great week :)