Hello lovely readers! A happy Wednesday and also a very happy Leap Day to you all! I wonder if any of you ladies reading are thinking about getting down on one knee today, hmmm? :)
Can you believe February is practically over? I can't, this year is zipping by very fast, I'm finding it hard to keep track! March is coming, and hopefully with it a bit of sunshine and slightly warmer weather. Also, did you know that tomorrow is National World Book Day here in the UK? It's all about getting children into reading, it's brilliant :) I used to love celebrating this day at school as a child, so I thought that in it's honour I would share some of my all time favourite books...
|Images Sources, Clockwise from Top Left|
1. The Lord of the Rings, 2. Les Liaisons Dangereues, 3. South Riding, 4. Shakespeare's Sonnets,
5. Dracula, 6. The Crimson Petal and the White, 7. Beauty, 8. Jane Eyre
I intend to see in March with a good book, are you reading anything thrilling at the moment? But whether you're a book worm or not, let's welcome in the new month on a high note, let's have some fabulous Wednesday Wonderfuls!
- I love picked up new and nifty sewing techniques, and here's a great one from House of Marmalade: How to cut silk on the straight grain. A method well worth knowing, methinks!
- If you've ever fancied creating your own unique fabric then this tutorial is definitely for you! How to hand stamp fabric, a DIY tutorial from A Beautiful Mess.
- And yet another tutorial from A Beautiful Mess, this time how to colour chalkboard paint. Am I the only one who can't get enough of this beautiful blog?!
- The amazing Tilly interviewed the amazing Sarai of Colette Patterns for a very inspirational "Day in the Life", fascinating reading :)
- Tasha of By Gum, By Golly is at it again with another beautiful knit, a stripy version of the sunday pictorial beret. All I can say is I want one...
- And I just had to link to this, it's too beautiful not to. Strawberry Moth's wedding has been featured on the 100 layer cake blog, and it may be the prettiest wedding I have ever seen, swoon!
And there you have it! I hope you have a great leap day and do something special with this extra day of February :) Bring on March for more adventures!