Friday 10 February 2012

A Peek in my Wardrobe: Beaded Cardigans

Quite a few of you expressed some love for the beaded cardigan I was wearing in my Brighton Adventures post, so I thought I dedicate a post to my little collection of them. Beaded cardigans are definitely one of my biggest loves at the moment!

Because I knit most (if not all!) of my sweaters, if I'm ever going to buy one they have to seriously impress me, they have to have that special something. And I have to be honest, cashmere beaded cardigans don't have to do all that much to impress me, they make me swoon! :)

I bought my lovely powder blue cardigan at a Vintage Fair in London and I can't get enough of it! It's only when you own a piece of vintage cashmere that you really appreciate the quality of good knitwear! It's so warm and fluffy, and I love the unusual colour combination :)


This little cream number I found on my recent trip to Brighton at Beyond Retro. It was actually on one of the display mannequins, but there was no way that I was going to leave this beauty behind! It's covered in iridescent sequins as well as white and pearl beads, adding that extra bit of sparkle.


This pink beauty came all the way from America to be with me, and it's the most recent addition to my collection. I fell in love with it when I saw it on etsy and so I decided to treat myself. And it was worth it, because the beading is flawless, something really special for this kind of sweater!


I love these cardigans, because even on a grey day I can throw on of these over a skirt or dress and feel pretty. They add a bit of girlie glamour to even the most bleak of times!


I hope you've enjoyed this little peek into my wardrobe, perhaps you'll now feel the need to invest in some beaded cashmere. I warn you though, it's very addictive! Proceed with caution!

Katie xxx

10 comments:

Liz said...

Those are beautiful!

mala_14 said...

They look so snuggly! Such incredibly dainty sweaters. Thanks for sharing!

Debi said...

sooooo pretty! I have one beaded cardigan and one embroidered cardigan but am always on the look-out for more (perhaps I should head over to Armstrongs???)  I love them so much!

Amanda Adams said...

Wowser! These are spectacular and I am thinking I need to get some into my wardrobe- STAT!

Cassie Stephens said...

I love beaded cardies too. And you have a lovely collection! Thank you for sharing...I should share my wee collections some time as well!

Elise said...

Ooh gorgeous, especially loving the cream one! :)

Maple Trueheart said...

Love your pastel cardigans! My favourite is the baby blue one.

Rhia said...

Amazing little collection! I love beaded cardigans aswell, but it is so very difficult to find one in my size. And since I try so very hard not to do much internet-shopping I'm limiting myself to the stuff I find here. Unfortunately most beaded cardigans I can find here are the 90's horrid style with huge shoulders and too big sleeves with odd coloured geometrical figures on them. However I have a little scheme to order new cashmere cardigan and beading it myself ;)

Casey said...

Those are gorgeous! I really love the second one especially, though the details on all three are stunning. I have one beaded cardigan--it's a newer piece so it's not vintage (part of the "faux vintage" section in my closet! ;)--and I love wearing it from time to time to glam things up! 

Wendy Bayford said...

 Wowzers! They are all utterly gorgeous, I can see why you had to have them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...