Monday 20 February 2012

What's on my sewing (well, knitting!) table...

Hello there lovely readers, Happy Monday to you all!

Let me start by saying a big thank you to everyone who has contacted me about getting involved in the UFO/Stash Busting Project Monthly Round Up, it's so exciting that so many of you want to be included! Check out this post if you want to be featured in the Round Up, the final date for submissions is February 24th, so you still have time. If you've already gotten in touch then I will be contacting you soon, I can't wait to start taking a look at what you've all Stash Busted so far :)

Talking of Stash Busting and completing UFOs, I have been tackling a rather mammoth project recently and I wanted to show you my progress so far. I'm not quite sure what possessed me to knit my own dressing gown, but the second I saw this pattern I fell in love and I knew that my life wouldn't be complete without it. I started it last year whilst on the European tour of Hair and I've finally finished the main body of the dressing gown and now I just have to knit up the trim. Take a look...

Dressing Gown Front
Dressing Gown Back

I know, pretty epic right? :) 

You can see from the above images that I haven't yet completed the trim for the left front of the dressing gown, but the trim seems to grow pretty fast so hopefully it won't be too long now! I also need to add the same trim to the cuffs and add a crocheted belt, but then I will finally be done, I just want to be able to wear this a few times before the weather turns!

Here are a few close ups to show the details, forgive me for showing this dressing gown off, I feel that it deserves it after the amount of time it has taken to knit it up!


I must admit, she is a beauty, isn't she? I'm completely smitten with this project, I just can't wait to finally finish and swan around the house in my new dressing gown! She's almost too glamourous to only be worn indoors, just look at the curve of the train...


**swoon!**

Hopefully I'll finish this project in the coming week, wish me luck!

Katie xxx 

23 comments:

Elise said...

Ah I love it, you're so close, keep going! :)

Elisalex said...

I. Am. Speechless.  This dressing gown is outrageously beautiful and not only that, but the work! The time! The yarn yardage!!!  Your knitting never fails to impress me... but this is on another planet of superior knits.  Where is the pattern from???

Lynne Williams said...

Stunning...hardly seems to describe this beautiful garment.  The work is well worth it...just keep knitting  now until you can glide around the house in it.  How much yarn did it take?

Debi_myhappysewingplace said...

OMG! This is the BEST vintage knitting project I have EVER seen! You should be incredibly proud--it's absolutely STUNNING!  Well don!

Leah Franqui said...

This is unbearably impressive! How did you do this? It's so gorgeous, you are going to look just amazing in it, glamorous and chic and WARM! My mouth is open and my (metaphorical) hat is off to you! I just made my first sweater. You are making history. See the difference? 

Southsidemarket said...

I know nothing of knitting, but this is brilliant!  Beautiful work!

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

This is  just amazing!! What a magnificent piece of knitting. It truly looks like it could be in a museum, so stately and beautiful as it is on your dress form alone! I can't wait to see it completed!

Rhia said...

OMG! That must be the most awesome vintage themed knitting I have ever seen. That is pretty much all I'm able to say now.......

Vintagehadhead said...

Oh,wow ...so beautiful,and wow you are so talented....i love it<3
would you like to follow each other? i follow you already.

Aislinn ball said...

wow i am speechless... this is AMAZING! i think the word 'epic' is over used in today's youth culture, everything seems to be 'epic' at the moment.. an 'in word' a 'buzz word'  but really this is truely EPIC!!!!

Liz said...

Oh wow! Just ... WOW!

Gina G said...

wow, just wonderful. Make me one in red please lol love it!

Cassie Stephens said...

Oh my goodness, Katie! You are amazing...I cannot even wrap my little brain around the amount of work and genius that has gone into this. What an inspiration...I can hardly finish the lame scarf I've been working on! Okay, I'm off to read about this stash busters...I want to know more!

Corinne said...

Ka-Ka-Ka Katie....wow, I am so impressed. Cannot imagine how many stitches you have there. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Beautiful!

Twosquirrelvintage said...

Epic yes!!! Beautiful, amazing and breathtaking!!!! You are so very talented.
Love it V

Snippa said...

Wow.  Mammoth indeed!  I'm knitting some more socks!

Wendy Bayford said...

Oh My Word! That is the most amazing feat of Knitting I have ever seen, I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken! Its just stunning! x

janelle bramble said...

Wow Amazing!!!

mala_14 said...

Wow! That really is epic. I am completely in awe of your knitting awesomeness!

Kate C. said...

Wow! That dressing gown is simply amazing!!

ilovefilm85 said...

Oh my gosh that is so damn good knitting it is gorgeous! x

Marinaeewilkinson said...

Your dressing gown is the most stunning knitting creation I have seen. What a mammoth undertaking. I would be SO proud of myself if I had knitted it AND it deserves as many pics as you can take.  Quite Victorian looking. Well done! Marina x

vala42 said...

This is truley one of the most beatuiful pieces of work I have ever seen, the drape, the style and your chosen colour. I am in true awe. I would love to know more of the pattern, please.   

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...