Friday 3 February 2012

Brighton Adventures!

Last week I was lucky enough to be able to spend my day off with my wonderful Sweetheart in the wonderful town of Brighton. I had never been to Brighton before, and nothing could quite prepare me for the  treats in store!

I was probably most excited excited about visiting the Pottery Painting Cafe, something I had been looking forward to for a long time, and it didn't disappoint. I had a wonderful time painting a cute pair of matching egg cups for me and my Sweetheart (who was incredibly patient in dealing with my perfectionist tendencies!) it was so relaxing. They will be glazed and baked at the cafe before being posted on to me later, I can't wait to see how they turn out!


We also paid a visit to the fabulous Choccy Woccy Doo Dah, and my goodness I have never seen anything like it! The cakes in the window display were ridiculous, I couldn't believe that these beautiful sculptures were made of chocolate! After browsing in their shop and resisting the urge to buy everything in sight we took a stroll around the corner to their cafe where we both rather indulged ourselves. We both chose ice-cream sundaes, my Sweetheart opting for a berry filled concoction whilst I picked a chocolate filled monster. They were amazing. I think that afterwards I was in serious risk of slipping into an ice-cream coma. 

Other highlights of my day include cupcakes from the Angel Food Bakery, browsing through the delights of Snoopers Paradise and Beyond Retro, a delicious meal at Bill's (seriously, one of the best meals I have EVER had!) and just wandering about the Laines and taking in the sights. I am well and truly smitten with Brighton, there's so much still to see and do, I'll definitely be taking another trip there soon. Any suggestions for other places to go?

As you can see, my Brighton Adventure left me grinning from ear to ear :)


Bye for now!

Katie xxx

9 comments:

Sunjo said...

I love your cardigan! So cute!

North_ern Comfort said...

Your cardigan IS cute!
I thought you might like to know that while my computer was in for repair, The Little Red Squirrel was what I missed the most.

Liz said...

I've only seen it on the TV show, but Choccy Woccy Doo Dah looks amazing!

misskatiered said...

That's so sweet, thank you!

Zoë Winters said...

Oh your cardigan is too sweet, I love wearing beaded cardigans! :) Brighton is my favourite place in England, that I've been to anyway! :) Glad you had fun! Zoë x

Debi said...

Looks like it was a great day! I've never been to Brighton but now I want to go and get an ice cream sundae :)  I agree with others...your cardigan is lovely!

mala_14 said...

Looks like a wonderful time!  Those sundaes look delicious! Now I'm hungry... ;)

Landgirl1980 said...

Next time you visit -  head to Kemp Town :) its a trove!

emma collier said...

I second Land Girl! Next time you are in town you have to head to Kemp Town, that's where I live! You should pop into MetroDeco while you're there, they do amazing Tea and Cakes! yum yum yum..... plus there's the Brighton Flea Market, which you cannot miss as it's brighto pink, and a little further along you've got the Kemp Town Trading Post which is an amazing treasure cove of vintage housewares, bits and bobs and clothes, and on your way up (that's the last stop up the hill) you'll find a bunch of vintage and antique stores. It's a bit of a local's secret, but miss out the north laine next time and just spend the day in Kemp Town!

Glad you had such a brilliant time though, I love that Cafe! And rather jealous of your stash of beaded cardi's :)


Happy to be back in the blogosphere and look forward to catching up on some of your posts I've missed reading :)

Emma - Lady Jardin
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...