Monday 27 February 2012

The Most Glamourous Dressing Gown in the World!


Project: Knitted Dressing Gown
Stash Buster? this one's a long overdue UFO
Items From Stash: what felt like a million balls of yarn!
Date Started: June 2011
Date Finished: February 2012
New Techniques Used: none
Wear Again? I never want to take it off!

To say that I am head over heels in love with this dressing gown would be an understatement! I feel ridiculously glamourous in it, I never want to take it off, I may become a recluse just so that I can wear this dressing gown all day  swan about :)



I'm not going to lie, there were times during this project when I wanted to throw in the towel, it was just so epic and huge and I felt like it would never end! Plus it was far from portable and seeing as I am constantly travelling at the moment being able to actually work on this project in comfort was a challenge in itself! But now that it's finished and I have my gorgeous new dressing gown all those problems seem to melt away in how gorgeous it is and how snuggly it is to wear... :) 


One thing I would say about this pattern is that it is not for the faint of heart, I would consider myself to be quite an experienced knitter and this dressing gown still nearly beat me with it's vast size. It's also not a cheap project, as Rowan yarn is quite pricey and you can see that I used a fair bit of it! The pattern also didn't give the correct amount of yarn so I ended up having to buy about 3 extra balls, which was a little bit irritating. But hey, it was worth it in the end :)


I'm so thrilled that I have finally completed this UFO, starting my UFO/Stash Busting Project was worth it just to give me the incentive to complete this epic challenge! I hope you like it as much as I do!

Katie xxx

26 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my goodness Katie, this is truly breathtaking! What a stunning piece of art, I admire you so much for following this project through...it can't have been easy. But it was so, so worth it. I've run out of worthy words now, so I'll leave you in peace... ;o)

Wendy Bayford said...

 Just fabulous! Certainly a masterpiece of knitting! I can totally understand why you would never want to take it off!

Snippa said...

Amazing knitting!

isis.33 said...

Great job! It looks wonderful and I am in awe over your work!

Charline said...

This dressing gown  is simply amazing. You look stunning !

Kate C. said...

That dressing gown is stunning and I greatly admire your patience in knitting it! 

Leah Franqui said...

Un. Real. You look amazing and this is such a wonderful accomplishment, well done! It's gorgeous and so insanely impressive, I'm in awe. Swan away,  you deserve it. 

ilovefilm85 said...

It is amazing! you should be extremely proud. I would definitely stay in for a couple of nights to make the most of it! xxx

The Cats and the Berries said...

Oh my goodness! Absolutely incredible - you have got some serious dedication/ability to persevere! It looks so comfy and gorgeous!

- Emily

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

It really is SUCH an impressive gown! Something to be continually dazzled by and proud of for years. :)

Gina G said...

Beautiful Katie, that should cheer you up. You will have it a lifetime. Enjoy it!

Nicoleneedles said...

Fabulous! You'll have to do some serious lounging now you have something so gorgeous to wear.

mala_14 said...

Just breathtaking! Reminds me of a knitted version of Edwardian dressing gowns. The colour looks lovely on you. I am in complete awe of your knitting skills!

Liz said...

That is amazing and so beautiful!

I have just told my husband I want to knit myself one - he says I have to knit up all my other yarn first, which is very mean of him ;) I suppose it does fit in with the spirit of stashbusting though!

He also said it might be very heavy to wear - is it?

Bonita Vear said...

~ * ♥ * ~

Ohmigoodness!! Your dressing grown is stunning Katie!!  Congratulations for getting it finished!  You've inspired me, but I think I will have to wait to tackle something like this.  It's huge, but oh so gorgeous.   

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

cassie stephens said...

I think this officially makes you a Knitting Rockstar! This is seriously the most impressive knitted item I've come across online...such a stunner! I'm so excited for you...I cannot image the amount of work that went into this lovely gown. An heirloom for sure, Katie!

Kat said...

Wow, that is utterly gorgeous!!  I can see why you never want to take it off - absolutely lovely.  I'm in awe of your knitting skills and the patience that must have gone into this!  :-)

Nightclub Guest List said...

Wow that's really a beautiful gown and the color is too attractive. i like it..

janelle bramble said...

 That is something to be very proud 0f , As a knitter too I admire your perseverance xx

Alice said...

Hi Katie, this gown is simply gorgeous, so elegant and classy. Congrats on completing such a mammoth project! I've recently started a sewing blog of my own and I'd love it if you could pop over and give it a read sometime: thepinandthimble.blogspot.com

Alice

Vanessa said...

Oh that is just so so beautiful!!!! You look so glamerous.
This is a heirloom piece, I am sure will be treauresd always.
Happiness to you.
Love v

Vintagehadhead said...

Adorable....it remember me the Film gone with the wind....and you are Scarlett o Hara <3

Sneakpeakjh said...

It is absolutely stunning in a very soft and tasteful way. Good job! A big gold star.

Sneakpeakjh said...

How can I download just this pattern?

anne w said...

That really is the most beautiful gown I have ever seen! Absolutely stunning! I admire your skill & patience!

Marjory said...

I made this dressing gown and I also found pattern didn't have right amount of yarn to use. I am not a experienced knitter and times I thought bit off more than I can handle. I finished and if I ever make it again a few things I would do different. Yours turned out beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...