Monday 6 February 2012

What's on my sewing table...

Hello blogosphere! What a productive couple of days I've had!

I want to share my UFO/Stash Busting sewing with you, but first up I just want to say a huge thank you for all of the comments on my last "I'd just like to say..." post, "...growing up is optional". It was obviously a topic that affects a lot of you and it was so lovely to read all your thoughts on the subject. Thank you, I loved writing the article so I'm really happy that so many of you liked reading it :)

The last couple of days have been packed full of sewing, mostly because I have been away from my sewing machine for two weeks (shock horror!) and was suffering major withdrawal, and also we have been inundated with snow so staying indoors seemed like a good idea! And I'm happy to be able to announce that one of my longest UFOs is almost completely finished!

My Swing Dress!


I started this Swing Dress as a part of the marvellous Casey's Swing Dress Sew Along which began in January 2011, so this dress has been a work in progress for over a year! I started well with the dress but I stumbled when it came to sewing the shoulder yokes, and I just couldn't get past them, they were the banes of my life! I couldn't get my head around the construction of these shoulder yokes, it felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall, so it was easier for this dress to end up on the UFO pile.

The shoulder yokes that nearly beat me. Not so tricky now!

However, when I started this project again the shoulder yokes seemed so much more simple than before, I could't believe I had struggled with them so much! Maybe it's because I now have a year's worth of sewing under my belt, but everything with this dress has come together beautifully this time around, I cannot wait for it to be fully finished :)


This dress was the inspiration for my UFO/Stash Busting Project, I needed the incentive to finally finish it, and now I have it! All that's left to do is sew in the zipper and complete the hem, then I can finally swing about in my Swing Dress.

Don't worry, as soon as it's finished I'll post some pictures :)

Katie xxx

2 comments:

Leah Franqui said...

I can't wait to see your creation!

Wendy Bayford said...

Its looking great and the fabric is really gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...