Thursday 24 May 2012

Vintage Revamp #6 - Trousers to Jodhpurs

Well, it's been a while since I've done one of these hasn't it? For those of you who haven't been reading my blog from way back when Vintage Revamps were what started me on my sewing path, so I'm really excited to have another go at some as a part of my Me Made May challenge.

So here's the story. When visting Brighton earlier this year I visited Beyond Retro and found one of the most magical finds that it is possible to find: a pair of trousers that fit me both on my waist and my hips!!! It was an absolute miracle. After years of struggling to find the perfect trousers in high street shops here they were, tucked away in Brighton. I feel in love and fell pretty hard.

Miracle Trousers!

The only problem with these magical miracle trousers was the length. They were obviously designed for someone who was slightly shorter in the leg than me, so I ended up with an annoying two and a half inches of ankle peeking out at the bottom of the trousers. 


Well, I considered leaving these too short trousers behind, but I just couldn't resist their magical fitting qualities, so I bought them anyway and decided to Revamp them to help them reach their true potential! And this is what I came up with...

My newly Vintage Revamped Jodhpurs!

Now they are cute as can be jodhpurs! I took them up until they were just under the knee, then added some edging that I made using the cut off fabric. I finished them off with some cute faux-leather buttons and voila! The perfect pair of jodhpurs :) Here are some closeups for your viewing pleasure:

Vintage Revamp Jodhpurs, close up of yummy details!

It has been so long since I have worn a pair of trousers out (I am a full time covert to skirts and dresses usually!) and I have really loved wearing these. They are casual but cool and they got a lot of attention on their first outing. I'm definitely starting to think that I should get some more Me Made trousers into my wardrobe!

I love my Jodhpurs :)

I hope you like them as much as I do!

Katie xxx


9 comments:

cassie stephens said...

Ah!! So cute! One of the reasons I don't wear pants is that I can never find ones long enough...and when I do, I shrink them. What a great solution. You look adorable as always! ...Cassie

Marie said...

This is such a clever re-fashion, I think they suit you so well! I know what you mean about loving skirts and dresses, but it's always good to have some reliable trousers to fall back on now and again!

Ginger said...

Super cute!  Love these!

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

Those came out great! What a fun item to have in your wardrobe. I can see why you'd get attention from them. I love the little buttons at the hem!

Sabrina said...

They look fantastic! A good-fitting pair of pants is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. I happen to have a very similar fabric in my stash that I am planning to make some pants out of this summer. :)

Penny dreadful vintage said...

They look fabulous, what a great job!

Penny Dreadful Vintage 

Landgirl1980 said...

Awesome!!! You is so clever!

Wendy Bayford said...

WOW how ingenious of you they look Fabulous!!

emma collier said...

Oh my god these are amazing, and I am insanely jealous! You have no idea how much I have wanted a pair of these, had a pair of trousers that fitted exactly like that, including the ankle bashing, and gave them away to charity because they were that little bit too short! Why did I not do this?! I'm now going to dig out that other paid I think the mister stole from me...I shall pinch them back and get crafting. So inspiring!

xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...