Monday 14 May 2012

My Parisian Adventure

Happy Monday my lovely readers!

About a week ago, as you know, I visited the most beautiful city in the world with my Sweetheart: Paris! We had the most magical time, Paris is still one of my very favourite places in the world to visit, I'm already dreaming of going back there! Here are some highlights of our trip that I wanted to share with you...

Our typically stunning Paris balcony, does it get any better than this?!

The Sights

The sights and sounds of Paris never get old, it really is one of the most beautiful cities in the world

This was mine and my Sweetheart's third trip together to gay Paree, so we have done a lot of the sightseeing before, but I just never get bored of the beauty of the architecture of Paris. Our hotel was less than a two minute walk from the Champs-Élysées, directly between the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre, and just across the way you could see the Eiffel tower in the near distance. It was like being in heaven! We also paid a visit to Notre Dame (one of my Paris favourites!) were we had some of the best French onion soup ever made just gazing out at the truly stunning building. A new adventure was us was visiting Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur (where I had been too ill to go on a previous visit) and I just about fell in love with the whole area. It was so beautiful and so full of life, we will definitely be spending a lot more time there on our next trip :) I also did a bit of fabric shopping there, but more on that at a later date!

The Movie

So, what in the pictures below looks familiar to you...?

The view from the steps in "Midnight in Paris", both in the film and my real life view!

That's right, we actually visited those steps from "Midnight in Paris"! Both my Sweetheart and I fell completely in love with Woody Allen's film back in February so there was no way that we were going to visit Paris without seeking out some of the locations from this gorgeous movie. Obviously when filming was taking place some serious set dressing had been done (I doubt that skip was there for filming!) but it still felt magical and as if we were about to be whisked away to the roaring 20s.

Waiting for midnight on the steps from "Midnight in Paris"

We sat on the steps and waited for a while, just like Owen Wilson, but unfortunately it then started to rain (the only rain we had during our trip though, what a miracle!) so we didn't last until midnight. If we had who knows what might have happened...!

The Yummies

And of course, what is Paris without Patisserie??

Perfect Parisian Patisserie!

I am a complete sucker for all things cakey (as you probably know if you read my blog regularly) so Paris to me is a kind of mecca, after all you can find a boulangerie on every street corner! Nothing can ever really compare to the delicious cakes, pastries and macaroons produced in Paris, they are little pieces of heaven in your mouth, and yes I may have put on several pounds during my trip, but it was worth it! Personal highlights of mine were my old favourite Laduree (in Paris they make large version of my favourite salted caramel macaroons! Swoon!) and Angelina which we visited for the first time during this trip (and my goodness, you've never had hot chocolate like it!). Paris, you may be bad for my waistline but I don't hold it against you, because all those yummies were soooooo good. Totally worth it :)

So there you have it, the highlights of my Parisian adventure. And in case you think I spent the whole time being chic and sophisticated in the style of the Parisian people I will leave you with this snapshot of my antics in Montmartre:

Cat woman in Paris!

Yeah, I'm cool :)


Bye for now!

Katie x

7 comments:

FeelixHappyEnd said...

Lovely photographs - looks like you had an amazing time :) I do like the Maow! photo best though! xxx

Mistress Catgirl said...

Looks like you two had a great time!  I hope one day my husband and I will be able to go to Europe.

Sarah Rooftops said...

Ha ha ha! LOVE the cat woman picture!

Also, the rest of the pictures. I've never been to Paris (I know!), but it's top of my boyfriend's and my list of places to visit; I'm feeling even more impatient now.

Anushka said...

Haha that miaow picture is the best of the lot! Oh what a lovely trip that looks like, I have always wanted to go but still haven't made it there.

Sabrina said...

That last picture is awesome! What a wonderful trip. Mmm... French pastry. The balcony pictures reminded me of how I used to stare up at all the gorgeous Parisian buildings the one time I was there. I have tons of pictures of them from my trip. :)

Zoë Winters said...

Aww!  Love that last picture! ;)  I'm glad you had a lovely wee adventure, looks like tons of fun! :) x

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

I'm reading your blog backwards, clearly. lol It looks like you had such a great time. What fun snapshots, I particularly love the cat woman pose. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...