Thursday 3 May 2012

Guest Post by Sarah Gilbert of Rhinestones and Telephones!

For today's guest post please allow me to introduce you to the lovely Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones! I have admired Sarah's blog for a long while, she's always so creative and sews up such wonderful things, so I know I'm leaving you in capable hands. Enjoy!

Source: google.ca via Sarah on Pinterest

I am so delighted to have been asked by Katie to write a guest post whilst she is away exploring Paris.  While I am (not to secretly) envious of her marvellous trip, I was also inspired by it.

Paris is one of my dream destinations and one place where my Thrifty365 pledge would be tossed out the window.  In Paris, I would have absolutely no compunction about shopping up a storm! Everything from vintage shops, to fabric shops, to curio shops.  I would especially love to visit their open air antique markets, too.  Heaven!

Source: google.ca via Sarah on Pinterest

Now, with all of these shopping plans, I would need to leave considerable room in my luggage.   With that in mind, a capsule wardrobe seems just the ticket; especially one inspired by the gorgeous destination.


Source: rhinestonesandtelephones.polyvore.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Each piece easily mixes and matches and requires minimal care,  i.e. ironing, and I've added pops of red for interest.  I would plan on walking a lot in Paris, so comfortable shoes for day are a must, as well as an elegant cocktail dress and heels for evening.  The red shawl can easily be paired with the sparkly cardigan and cigarette pants for day and then elegantly tossed over your shoulders for  evening.

What pieces would you put in your travel capsule wardrobe?  What is your dream destination?

1 comment:

Wendy Bayford said...

I Love your Parisian, wardrobe its very classic and chic!
My dream
destination would have be Egypt,  my wardrobe would be 1930's outfits so that I could pretend to be a female Indiana Jones by day and float around in elegant evening dresses at night as if I were in a Christie novel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...