Monday 5 March 2012

What's on my sewing table (and some new skills too!)

Happy Monday everyone! I have had a really lovely weekend, mostly because I came home, which was lovely enough, but also the next venue of the tour is close enough to home for me to commute, so I'll be staying at home for the next two weeks! So so happy! I'm looking forward to lots of quality time with my beautiful family and my Sweetheart :)

This also means that I will be in pretty close proximity to my sewing machine for the next couple of weeks, so expect lots of projects coming up soon! But let me show you what I've been working on in my happy haze this weekend...

First up I have finally made some progress with my Bombshell Dress!

My Bombshell Dress Bodice Muslin, looking good, eh?

I completed my bodice muslin, using a whole bunch of fancy methods (seriously, a lot of time went into this, and it's only the mock up!), and I'm really happy with how it's come together. The bodice fits really well, but I will have to make a few bust adjustments as it seems I'm more well endowed in that area than I initially thought (well, I'm not complaining!). I'll keep you updated on the progress of this dress and share some proper photos (i.e. not instagram ones!) as soon as I have something really good to show you, like when I cut into my pretty fabric... :)

And in other news, during a fit of insomnia last week I decided to tackle another item on my 24 before 25 list and started to teach myself to crochet. I used the crochet school created by the fabulous Crafty Minx and so far I have stitched up two swatches:

Crochet! And I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my neat and uniform stitches :)

I'm about half way through the crochet school course, and I'm sorry to say I'm starting to feel a little bit addicted. I never thought that I would be able to get the hang of crochet, as a knitter the idea of only using one needle left me very confused and, to be honest, a little freaked out, but it's so much simpler than I thought it would be. It's very relaxing and I love the texture of the stitches, it's really pleasing :) I have always wanted to crochet myself a couple of blanket, and hopefully after this course I will be able to. I'll keep you posted n the crochet front too!

I'm so looking forward to this week, what with these fun projects to work on and I have some great adventures planned, including a trip to London and finally getting to see Florence + the Machine in concert! I cannot wait!

I hope you have a great week too, do you have anything fun planned?

Katie xxx

3 comments:

cassie stephens said...

Um, wow!! I am so impressed...that dress is going to be beautiful! And crochet...I've not tried that yet. But it looks like you've already got the hang of it! Have fun during your time close to home!

Lynne Williams said...

I too am learning how to crochet after years of knitting.  I am really enjoying it as well.  How is it that we have so much in common?  Right now I just wish I had more time for personal sewing, after great accomplishments last month, March is looking bleak in more ways than one.  
Can't wait to see your dress fabric

Jess said...

I'm going to see florence this week too!!! what night are you going? I am on friday, cant wait!! shes been on my list of must sees for a while now:) Also your muslin looks amazing, cant wait t see finished result!

Jess x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...