Monday 19 March 2012

Mother's Day Baking :)

It's Mother's Day today in the UK, so a big happy Mother's Day to all my mummy readers!

I had a wonderful day with my mummy and my mummy's mummy, and did some yummy baking. We were eating pretty much all day, so I'm feeling rather fat now, but it was totally worth it, these treats are yummy :) So yummy, in fact that I thought I'd share the recipes with all of you lovely readers!

First up we have my mum's favourite cake in the world, 
Mary Berry's All-In-One Victoria Sponge:

One of the best cakes in the world EVER. so light and fluffy and tasty :)

Ingredients:
175g soft margarine
175g caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
175g self raising flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons raspberry jam

Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4
Beat the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
Divide the mixture between two greased 8 inch cake tins.
Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
When cooled, sandwich together with jam.
(If you want to be really naughty you can add some melted chocolate on top like we did!)

This cake is always a winner and no matter how slapdash I am with the recipe it always turns out perfectly, I can't recommend it highly enough!


and now for something seasonal,
Delia's Hot Cross Buns:

I actually can't believe I made these! And they were so yummy!

Ingredients:
50g caster sugar, plus one level teaspoon
1 level teaspoon dried yeast
450g plain flour
1 level teaspoon salt
1 rounded teaspoon mixed spice
100g currants
40ml warmed milk
1 egg, beaten
50g butter, melted
2 level tablespoons granulated sugar

The full instructions for this recipe can be found here

I can't believe how much better these buns tasted than ones bought from a shop, they were delicious :) This is a great recipe, very simple and easy to follow with yummy results!

I hope these recipes bring you and yours some joy, they certainly did in my house today :)

Katie xxx

2 comments:

Ladybug cupcakes said...

I did alot of eating yesterday too *Bloats* these recipes look so yummy!

ilovefilm85 said...

The cake looks delicious! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...