Thursday 29 September 2011

Birthday Month: The Perfect Dress

You may remember me giving you a hint of my Birthday dress a while back, well it's finished (it has been for a while actually!) and I'm finally going to show it to you before it's big debut on my Birthday tomorrow. Here it is in all it's glory, made from vintage fabric from a vintage pattern, and utterly perfect for me :)

The finished dress!

Now allow me to show you some extreme close ups of some of the many yummy details I added to this dress, I really had so much fun making it!

The top stitched waist band detail

Shoulder detailing, underlining and hand sewn-down interfacings

Hand stitched sleeves (see the tiny stitches?) :)

Vintage style hand made button hole

Hand picked zipper

What do you think? I really hope you like it! I really spent my time making sure that this dress was perfect for me in every way and I've put a lot of hand work into it so I'm so excited to finally be able to wear it! I won't share any pictures of me in it until my actual Birthday, but I will tell you that I'm pairing it with some yummy pink roses for my hair and pink suede stilettos. I'm going to feel so girlie, I can't wait!

A taste of my final look...

Stay tuned for the big reveal of this dress very soon, I'm just so excited to wear it for my Birthday tomorrow!! Eek!

And let me remind you that today is your last chance to enter my Birthday Month Giveaway to win your very own Pin Up Girl made by me, so do check out this post and enter, I'll be picking a winner tomorrow. Good Luck and let the Birthday celebrations commence!

Bye for now my lovelies!

7 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

It's amazing! The shoulder details are gorgeous. Happy Birthday!!

Wendy Bayford said...

Wow wonderful your are going to look stunning!!!!!

Emily & Gracie said...

This is perfect! All of that work you put into it is well worth it. I cannot wait to see it on you!
xxGracie

Anonymous said...

Your dress is lovely! Can`t wait to see it on. The details are amazing!

Elise said...

Aah I love your dress, cant wait to see you modelling it! Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :)

Marie said...

Wow, wow, wow! Love this dress and all the intricate detail you've put into it! Can't wait for its big reveal, have a great birthday!

Rhia said...

Lovely dress and I l-o-v-e that fabric. Detailes give little bit of that "something" you need, to make you feel especially comfy and cute in that dress :D And happy birthday :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...