Hello my Wonderful readers and welcome to another Wednesday Wonderfuls post, particularly wonderful as Summer has finally decided to arrive in the UK! I am currently in sunny Cardiff soaking up the rays and enjoying the fact that I can finally wear all my summer dresses (of course I'm not sure how long this heat wave is going to last, that's the curse of living in the UK, but we're not going to focus on that right now...!)
It's been a bit of a funny week in my part of the world, mostly because I have spent half of it off work and then the next half was spent travelling across the country and into a different country altogether! My week off was fantastic (thank you for all your well wishes, I really appreciate them!), involving lots of cooking, baking, drinking (yummy cocktails!), cinema and theatre trips, sewing, knitting and glorious time with my family, and yet now, much too quickly, I'm across the sea and miles away from home again... You would think that after almost a year of touring it would be easier to adjust to changes, but I have to say that no matter how many times I pack up my bags and head off to the next location it never gets easier. It is always hard to leave my family and my Sweetheart behind and I miss them pretty much all the time when I'm away. So it's good to have a bit of sunshine and general happiness to make me feel better! But I can only be glum for so long because both my parents and my Sweetheart will be visiting me during my time in Cardiff, I cannot wait for them to get here and to share this beautiful city with them! Yay! And this city is just ridiculously gorgeous, have you ever been? If you have you'll know what I'm talking about!
I have high hopes that this is going to be a splendiferous week, so to get things started let's have some Wednesday Wonderfuls!
- Ever since I got my hair cut I have been looking for new ways to style my shorter look, so I was very excited to find this hair tutorial from Sarah of The Chronicles of an Eccentric, after all her hair always looks stunning :) I can't wait to have the time to try it out!
- I love Tilly (of Tilly and the Buttons)'s Day in the Life posts pretty much all the time, but this one about the wonderful pattern designer Megan Nielson was particularly brilliant. I warn you though, if you read this you may feel slightly inferior as to what you can get done in a day, I certainly did! :)
- You're going to get bored of me going on about Gertie's book, but she shared some pictures of the inside this week, including all the patterns it contains, and quite simply be still my beating heart! Gertie has also started another beautiful project this week, I cannot wait to see how it turns out!
- A really useful post from Liz about how to remove stains from Vintage Fabric, a need to know for both vintage sewists and general vintage clothing lovers!
- Any expectant mothers out there? Well you need to head over to A Beautiful Mess, because they have started a fabulous series of DIYs for simple maternity outfits and they're all very cute and stylish :)
- And finally you must take a look at Nicole Needles' tutorial for bias binding, it's a beautiful way to finish an outfit as shown by her stunning skirt!
Now let's all get out and enjoy the sun while we can!
Bye for now,