Thursday 19 July 2012

Summer Sewing Swap!

Hello lovely readers! Now is there any better way to start the day than receiving a parcel in the post? I have always adored getting personal snail mail, so when I heard about Kerry's (of Kestrel Finds and Makes) Summer Sewing Swap I was more than a little bit up for it!


The basic idea of the Swap was to be paired with a fellow sewing blogger and then the two of you will exchange some yummy sewing goodies. And I was very, very lucky indeed, in so far as I was paired with the fabulous Marie of A Sewing Odyssey, who is a really stylish gal with some killer sewing skills! I had a whole bunch of fun putting together Marie's parcel, but nothing could quite prepare me for how happy I would be when my parcel arrived. I am one happy happy bunny, do you want to see why? Just check out my lovely goodies!

Look at all my goodies!!!

I was lucky enough to be sent:

A beautiful dress pattern
Some gorgeous floral fabric
Some antique lace
Some smaller pieces of gingham fabric
A selection of vintage buttons and buckles

I adore this pattern, I'd love to made both versions!

Be still my beating heart at this lace...

These colours make me so happy :)

Can you see why I'm thrilled? I feel very lucky right now :) I can't wait to start planning the future of all these lovelies, they'll probably be finding their way into my sewing journal sometime soon! Thank you so much Marie, I couldn't have asked for a better partner in this swap!

**P.S. If you want to see what I sent Marie then check out her post!**

3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh yay, I'm so happy that you like your goodies and I'm seriously excited about you making up that gorgeous dress! Thank you also for my amazing stash ;o)

Ginger said...

What a great package!  Marie is so stylish and fun!  Can't wait to see what you make!

Sabrina said...

Such a fun idea! You got some great items (and gave some too!). That lavender gingham is going to look wonderful with your red hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...