Monday 2 January 2012

24 Things Before I'm 25


This year instead of my regular New Year's resolutions I have put together a rather fabulous list of 24 things to do before I'm 25. I cannot wait to get started as I love that feeling of pride and satisfaction when you check a item off a list because it's been completed. Sad but true :) I intend to share each one of these experiences with you here on this blog, so let's get to the fun bit, the list!


1. Learn to Crochet - this is something I've wanted to learn to do all this year but things (for example making Christmas gifts!) kept getting in the way, so it's first on the list :) I will learn to crochet!

2. Learn to use my camera properly - I am the proud owner of a very beautiful and very fancy DSLR camera, but I haven't really got a clue as to how to use it. This will change.

3. Design a new blog header - you may have noticed the changes to my blog layout, this year I want to give the whole look of this blog an overhaul, and I thought I might as well start with making my own header (although as I'm not too good with computers it may take a while...!)

4. Take one of the e-course at A Beautiful Mess - these are amazing, I want to take most of them, but I think I'll start with the blog love e-course for bloggers

5. Go and see Florence and the Machine live - tickets booked, cannot wait!


6. Cook my first roast - Roast dinners have always been my favourite so I thought it was about time that I learnt to cook one of my own!

7. Start my UFO/Stash busting project - I am very excited about this! More details will follow at a later date... :)

8. Make a thread holder - I've always wanted one, so why not make one?



9. Paint a picture - I drew quite a lot when I was younger, I took art at GCSE level, and I'd really like to get back into that side of my creativity. Plus I'd love to be able to hang my own artwork in my home :)

10. Cook Eggs Benedict from scratch - my favourite breakfast/brunch meal, and as yet I can't even poach an egg!

11. Go for tea at the Dorcester - a little dream of mine :)

12. Make a dress from an Eva Dress Pattern - these may be the most beautiful dress patterns in the world, plus they're quite ridiculously fancy, both things that work in their favour as far as I'm concerned!

13. Go to the pottery painting cafe in Brighton - I just want to go and paint some pottery, is that wrong?

14. Make Gertie's Bombshell dress - I joined the online course for this dress months ago and still haven't really gotten started so this year I'm going to change that.

15. Have the great purge of 2012 - something I do every year, sort through everything I own to see what I'm going to keep and what I'm giving away, it's a great start to the year, I can't wait!

16. Create and post my own tutorial - as soon as I come up with something worth posting about!


17. Cook at least one recipe from each of my cook books - I have a rather huge selection of cook books and yet most of them I haven't used at all, so this year I want to help them do what they were born to do and hopefully get a bit better at cooking along the way!

18. Make a quilt - I have always loved quilts so I thought it was about time to give this craft a go.

19. Have a blog photo shoot - I cannot explain how exciting/scary the thought of this is to me...

20. Read all my coffee table books - much like my cook book obsession I also own a large number of glossy coffee table books, mostly about fashion and designers and I'm going to read each one from cover to cover.

21. Make a jewellery holder - self explanatory really!

22. Write an "I'd just like to say" article every two weeks - I wrote one of these at the end of last year and loved it, but once again Christmas preparations prevented me from having the time to write more. This is definitely something I want to rectify this year!

23. Complete the list of different sewing techniques - I'm going to take the basic list from Curves, Patterns and Pins and add a few fancy things from some of my sewing books, I can't wait to start learning some new sewing tricks :)

24. Organise some special family days - a very special one for me, being away from home has made me really treasure my time with my family, so I want to make the most of it and organise some really fun and exciting things to do

And that's it! Follow my progress through this list on this blog, I have a feeling it's going to be a great year :) Hurrah for 2012!

8 comments:

mala_14 said...

Sounds wonderful! Best of luck with the list. I also love making lists just to cross things off! ;) Can't wait to see as you get these things done!

Liz said...

I love the list! I hope you enjoy achieving them all.

Amanda said...

Fantastic list! May I recommend Nigella for some great roast tips? Her yorkshire pud and onion gravy have become essential to our winter roasts.

Happy new year!

LinB said...

Happiest of Happy New Year's to you! Your Christmas gifts are impressive feats of knittery -- beautiful tributes to your family. And, roasting is e - a - s - y. You just pop it into a slow-medium oven and leave it for a few hours. The results belie the simplicity of the cooking method. Make sure your guests know that you slaved and slaved away in the kitchen to provide them with their feast.

Charline said...

Happy new year to you!
Thank you for your amazingly nice blog. Love your list 24 B4 25, great idea.

Charline

Rhia said...

Sounds very exciting! There are couple things on the list I'd like to do myself aswell. Will be followint your progress ;D Best of luck!

Tilly said...

Oooooh thanks for sharing this - I love lists and love goals so it's a great read for me! I like how this list mixes up ambitious goals with little things that can be achieved in a few hours. I definitely share some of these goals. If you make your thread stand, perhaps you can share a tutorial on that (and tick off two items in one go)?

Claudia Tang said...

I was going to start by apologizing for being late to comment, but then, I am commenting to say I ALSO joined Gertie's course months and months ago and haven't started it at all! So that's also in my plan! I have decided that it's okay that I haven't started or worked on a new-year list because Chinese New Year is just happening right now and that's my excuse. It's probably not going to work for Thai/Lao/Cambodian New Year, which happen around April!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...