Hello there lovely readers, soggy greetings from rain drenched England. Don't try and tell me that we've had the first day of Summer, because I just won't believe you! It has literally been raining cats and dogs (well okay, not literally, otherwise this post would be about all my newly adopted furry friends...) over the last few days, and unluckily for me I don't have the ability to make the "in-the-rain-look" look glamourous, unlike these pictures of perfection...
|You're going to catch your death!!|
|Matching gloves and shoes! Swoon|
|Plastic rain outfit anyone?|
|Traveling in the rain can still be fabulous|
Oh, how I love Gil Elvgren's Pin Ups!
If, like me, you're thoroughly fed up with the changeable weather and are looking for a little pick me up, then allow me to give you a couple of wonderfuls to brighten up your day. A little ray of sunshine breaking the midweek clouds :)
- If you've ever had questions about shoe styles look no further than Vintage Chic's guide to shoe styles, a really good read. Although it has got me dreaming about buying shoes to fill in the gaps in my footwear wardrobe! Oh dear...
- If, like me, you love a picnic, you're bound to love this post on Country picnic style by Heart Handmade UK. The red caravan is just adorable!
- Portia, seamstress extraordinaire, shows us how to make tailor's knots, great for hiding away those straggly ends of thread that come from dart making.
- I had to share with you Gertie's photoshoot in a gorgeous blue romper that of course she made herself. She looks absolutely beautiful, a perfect pin up worthy of Gil Elvgren himself :)
- Penny Dreadful Vintage has done a wonderful series of posts on the recent Hollywood Costumes Auction. These iconic outfits have sold for small fortunes, if only I had that kind of money! (Read Parts 1 and 2 here)
- And finally, if you're craving a real taste of the summer then I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with this peach and raspberry crumble from Joy the Baker. I think I may have to make this for my Sweetheart as it uses his very favourite fruits, I'll see how generous I'm feeling :)
I do hope the weather picks up soon, and that wherever you are you're enjoying your weekly adventures, whatever they may be!
Bye for now!