I'm home!!! :)
And very happy about it I am too! Munich was beautiful and I really enjoyed the tour, but it's so lovely to be back with my family and my Sweetheart (and my sewing machine...!). I really do love it here in my home country, I feel quite proud to be British. Or perhaps that's just the jet lag talking...
I was so lucky to be able to have ready access to the internet whilst I was away, I could read all your gorgeous posts between shows which kept me smiling even when I was utterly exhausted. This week, as is always the case, I've found some beautiful wonderfuls to spice up your midweek, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
- First up something to satisfy your sweet tooth, this 1950s recipe for a chocolate marshmallow pie from Chronically Vintage. This looks both ridiculously easy and ridiculously naughty, meaning that we should all make it right away. Go on, you know you want to... :)
- I just had to show you this outfit from Fiona of Diamond Stash. She always looks beautiful, but this suit made my heart skip a beat, even more so when you find out she only paid 12 euros for it! Must find a 1940s suit...
- Tilly wrote this wonderful interview with Jenny Hart of "Sublime Stitching" and I couldn't help but be inspired her! I have ordered some of Jenny's beautiful embroidery transfers and I can't wait to get started :)
- Grosgrain Fabulous whetted my appetite for lingerie this week with this beautiful little sample, very Marie Antoinette, I like it!
- Gertie posted about turned and stitched seams this week, a very pretty yet simple way to finish your seams. It's a method I am excited to try and will be doing very soon. Watch this space for an update :)
- And finally Maxine, creator of Little Miss Delicious, wrote about how long it takes her to make her beautiful handmade jewelry. I can guarantee that when you see the amount of love, care, time and attention that goes into each individual piece you will not only want to buy some you will treasure your purchase forever.
And that's about it from me today. Stay tuned though because I've come back with a need to create, so expect lots of interesting posts and updates very soon indeed!
Bye for now, Happy Wednesday!