Hello there lovely readers, happy Wednesday! We, here I am, at the start of my final venue for the tour, and in less than two weeks it will all be over. I am determined to enjoy these last few weeks as much as I can, and I'm happy to say that this week has been off to a flying start! I absolutely adore autumn (probably because it's my Birthday season!) and I am loving the fact that I can finally enjoy all the autumnal past times that I love so much :)
This week there has been much tea drinking, hearty home cooking, spicy baking, knitting planning (I need at least a couple of new cardigans and sweaters!) and of course some fall/winter sewing planning. I literally cannot wait to show you my latest project, I'll give you a little teaser: it involves plaid :) Also my new-to-me sewing desk (a gorgeous 1940s piece I snagged from ebay) has finally arrived so I have set up my own little piece of heaven in a corner of the new flat. As soon as it's all organised I'll give you a little tour of my new oh-so-mini-yet-amazing sewing space. Things are definitely looking good in the world of Squirrels! For now I'm having a lovely time in Birmingham for the next two weeks, any suggestions for activities here for a sewing/knitting/vintage loving gal?
Anyways, enough about me, let's see what else has been going on in the blogosphere this week. Here are my personal picks:
- Autumn for me is all about making yummy warming food to share with your loved ones, and this chocolate pecan cake would fit the bill perfectly!
- I was blown away by this amazing Halloween costume by Atomic Redhead, check out that embroidery! Anyone else planning for Halloween?
- I am a bit obsessed with tailoring techniques at the moment (possibly another clue about my planed projects, hint hint hint!) so I loved this bound button hole technique from the Coletterie. I love a good bound button hole!
- Another technique post, this time from Did You Make That? Did you know that when constructing a lining sometimes it's a good idea to turn darts into pleats? Find out why and how here :)
- So, you might think that your dress pattern stashes are bad, but have you ever paid $275 for one pattern?! It is a gorgeous pattern, but still!
- And finally I have been craving doughnuts ever since the jam doughnut technical challenge on the Great British Bake-Off. Maybe I should give Joy's Chocolate Cream Filled Vanilla Sugar Doughnuts a try. I'm sure my family would thank me...!
So there you have it my lovely readers, another Wonderful filled Wednesday! I hope you all have marvellous weeks, and enjoy the start of autumn, I know I will!
Bye for now!