Hello there my lovely readers, happy Wednesday! What a week it's been, I've moved house, celebrated both mine and my Sweetheart's Birthdays (our birthdays are two days apart, crazy huh?!) and now I'm back in Manchester as the tour is returning for two weeks to the venue where this whole thing began.
|Images, Clockwise from Top Left:|
1. A bit of a new look for me (psst! it's a wig!), 2. Presents :) 3. My Sweetheart loves a fancy sandwich!
4. I love Autumnal sewing! Swoon! 5. A magical place... 6. Birthdays are for house picnics
It seems like no time has past since I was last here. My life has changed so much since this time last year (as it is almost exactly a year since we last played Manchester) and being in this beautiful city that is so full of memories really makes me appreciate how far I have come and how happy I am in my current life. It's also a bit emotional as this is our second to last venue, and in less than three weeks the tour will be over. It's a very strange feeling, standing on the edge of unemployment - to say I'm feeling nostalgic would be an understatement! - but I am determined to seize the day firmly with both hands and embrace whatever comes, I am really excited to see what the future has in store! I genuinely feel in such a good place right now, let's hope that things continue in this way!
In other news I finally completed my Bombshell dress this week!!! Can you believe it?! I have already worn said dress out twice and I am totally in love with it. As soon as I'm home again I will try to persuade my Sweetheart to take some pictures of me in it so that I can share :) And also autumn is finally here! It's my very favourite of all the seasons and I cannot wait to get started on some seasonal sewing projects :) And I'm not going to lie, I may have some festive projects in the pipeline too, it's never too early to get started I always say!
But enough about me, here are my picks of the blogosphere this week:
- As everything starts to get more autumn-y, the nights are drawing in and everyhting's getting colder, why not curl up in your favourite chair with a large slice of this caramelised banana bread with browned butter glaze. Doesn't that just sound like heaven? Now, where did I put those bananas...
- I love the idea of the fabric flash cards, what a great way to get knowledgable about your fabrics!
- How sewing ruined clothes shopping - this article is the story of my life and why I'll probably never buy new clothes again
- I really am in love with Emily Henderson's blog, this article of 15 flea market secrets is a classic example of her awesomeness, plus her tips are really great too!
- Our new flat is very cozy, i.e. we are seriously sort of space (if you've ever rented an average one bed flat in London you'll know what I mean!) so I am loving these storage solutions from Scathingly Brilliant. You can never be too organised!
- And finally this article by Kat of Rock and Roll Bride was just what I needed to get myself into gear. If you really want to get something done, then just do it!
So that's it for another week of Wonderfuls folks! Have a great rest of the week and let's all go out and be dynamic!
Bye for now,