Hi lovely readers, greetings from Oxfordia!
I know, I've been a very naughty blogger, once again my Wednesday Wonderfuls post is not on a Wednesday, you must all think that I have a real problem with being able to tell which day of the week it is! Basically it's all been going on what with our first big move of venue with the show and settling into a new way of living in Oxford - although obviously I'm so thrilled to be here, it's so awesome! - but to make up for once again not posting my Wonderfuls on time I'm also going to share with you some shots of my new haircut. Ooooooo!
What with having to constantly put my hair up in pin curls under a wig cap for the show I realised that longer hair was just not going to be an option for me right now, I was leaving the theatre looking as if I hedgehog had been nesting in my do, so I booked an appointment at The Painted Lady salon on my day off and once again those wonderful ladies worked their magic. Here's my new look:
I hope you're loving this look as much as I am! It's so nice to have manageable hair again, plus it looks so cute with hats, which is just perfect for the cold weather :) go to The Painted Lady, they work hair miracles!
Anyway, let's get down to the main event, the Wednesday (ok, not quite!) Wonderfuls! Here they are in all their glory:
- I find myself constantly saying to friends that you can't really achieve a perfect vintage look without the proper foundation garments which is why I loved this article by Tasha, all about recreating the perfect 1940s bust silhouette. May your bust always look vintage after reading :)
- Anyone redecorating? Check out this post over at A Beautiful Mess about choosing colour for your home, I guarantee you'll be inspired!
- After reading this review by Zoe I really want to get my hands on a copy of "Sew Your Own" by John-Paul Flintoff, it looks like a great read. Plus it's written by a man who can now sew, knit and crochet, truly we much study this rare and interesting creature...
- Solana has done it again with another brilliant set of posts, this time about how to wear petticoats. The pictures of here petticoat collection alone are enough to drive a person crazy!
- You may have seen these pictures before (I discovered them at Leopard and Lipstick) but they are just too beautiful for me not to post them again here, enjoy!
- Are you feeling in the mood for some Halloween yummies but don't fancy making cookies that look like severed limbs? Take a less grotesque route with Joy's Midnight Black Chocolate Puddings, dark and mysterious but in not way icky!
- I really want to make myself some vintage pyjamas like this, aren't they adorable?
- Now, how could Dita von Teese be any cooler or more glamourous? In her cars, that's how!
- And finally you simply must read this article from So Zo What do you know? about homemade vs. mass produced clothes. It's very inspirational and makes me feels proud to be a home sewer.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Wonderfuls as much as I have, join me again for more posts soon, right now me and my new hair have got a date with Oxford!
Bye for now!