Hello everyone and a happy Wednesday to you all! I hope you've all been having a great week so far, enjoying the sunshine (if you've been lucky enough to have it) :)
I'm going to take this time to remind you of my giveaway, you still have a week to enter!
|"Keep Calm and Carry On" book and Sugar Mice|
|"Miss Hope's Chocolate Box" recipe book|
Just go to my previous post to enter, all the details are there :)
And now for the main event, it's Wednesday Wonderfuls time! There's been some great stuff on the old blogosphere this week, you lovely people always give me something interesting read :) Here are my favourite reads of this week, enjoy!
- Casey has posted a tutorial about how to create a beautiful 30s scalloped collar. She used this technique on her version of the Pendrell Blouse sew along, and I loved it then, so I'm so happy that I can now try it out!
- I recently discovered this lovely blog, "An Aesthetic Feast". Some beautiful pictures to have a browse of, enjoy!
- Gertie wrote a great post on net corselets, often used in couture gown for hidden structuring. As a massive fan of the Dior New Look style, I found this fascinating, and Gertie hinted that there may be a sew-along in the works! Happy days :)
- After all the vintage revamps that I've been doing recently I loved this post by Tuppence Ha'penny, a beautiful reworking of an 80s dress into something stunning. Plus, this dress is for sale, so if you fall in love try and get your paws on it!
- I'm so excited that A Stitch in Time Volume 2 is now available for pre-order! The lovely Ruby has now announced that with every pre-order you get a preview pattern sent to you as a pdf file to keep you going until your book arrives. Plus you get all kinds of goodies when it does! I can't wait :)
- I saw Water For Elephants yesterday with my mum and I loved it, it's visually stunning, the costumes are to die for! So obviously I loved this post by Tea With the Vintage Baroness all about Reese Witherspoon's day wear in the film. I want every single one of these :)
Have a wonderful rest of the week my friends, full of adventures and vintage goodness :)