Saturday 7 May 2011

Vintage Revamp #4 - Hot Pink 1950s style dress (Part 3)

The final part of the Hot Pink 1950s style dress revamp!!

I have finally finished this revamp, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how the finished dress has turned out, so without further ado let me introduce you to the completed project!

The finished Hot Pink 1950s style dress (without shrug!)

The finished Hot Pink 1950s style dress! (with shrug)

I think I would have to say that this is my favourite vintage revamp ever out of the ones I have completed so far. I just love everything about this dress! It is the perfect length and - after many tweaks and alterations - it fits me like a glove. I feel so comfortable in it, I just know that I'm going to get my money's worth out of it, and that's pretty darn good considering I paid a ridiculously small amount for this dress in the first place! I love how the white of the buttons and the piping on the collar and the new bow belt pick up the original lace detail on the bodice, tying the whole thing together without overpowering or looking overdone. I am also head over heels in love with the pleats of the skirt, which are now falling beautifully after many days of hanging tacked together and a good pressing :) For the first time I can't really find any fault with my finished project, and for me that's a big deal!

And now for some close ups of the pretty little details of the dress:

I stitched the handmade piping to the collar by hand. It's pretty :)

Close up of beautiful vintage buttons and pretty piping/bow belt

Can you tell that I love this dress? :) It's very different from anything else in my wardrobe yet I think I like it more than any other day dress that I've ever owned. It's a statement dress, with a quirky edge and it's turned out better than I ever could have hoped! Hurrah huzzah and hurray for Vintage Revamps!!



I hope you've all enjoyed following the story of the Hot Pink 1950s style dress and it's revamp. If you want to see the rest of it's story then check out the following links:


For now I hope you all have a glorious weekend filled with cake (mine was today thanks to my Sweetheart!)

Cupcakes are good. Simples.
Bye for now!

***Don't forget to check out and enter my giveaway! You have until May 18th to take part***

12 comments:

Wendy Bayford said...

You look stunning! The dress looks really amazing well done you!!

Unknown said...

Very adorable, you look so cute x

LandGirl1980 said...

I am speechlesS (a rare thing, let me tell you). This is an awesome revamp!

Debi said...

AMAZING! You are totally inspiring me to do some refashioning! This dress is stunning! And I love the last photo!!!

Jemima said...

Well done, it's such a perfect summer dress! The colour really suits you too.

Miss Twinkle said...

the dress is amazing! you look adorable.

Rhia said...

Very cute! Piping, new belt and new buttons definetly did the job! It looks so good on you, with or without the shrug.

Dial V for Vintage said...

Looks great! :)

Casey said...

WOW!!! Give yourself a big pat on the back for this--you deserve it! :) It looks amazing, and such a difference from the original. Beautiful job!!! :)

- Casey

Katie said...

Thank you all so much! I really do love how it turned out!

francoise said...

Fantastic revamp! I love the "new" dress with its cute bow belt. Thank you for the inspiration. You did a great job.

Tilly said...

Wow! This is stunning! Can I borrow some photos if I do another bow belt round up blog post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...