Well hello there :) I hope you've all had a marvelous week and are all geared up for your Easter weekend. In the meantime I thought I'd give you an update on some of my older projects.
In between the many vintage revamps that I've been planning recently I'm still managing to make some good headway on my Briar Rose knit along. With all the great weather we've been having here I'm starting to worry I might not get the chance to wear this sweater if I don't finish it soon! Lucky for me I've already finished knitting up...
... the front:
... and the back:
And I've spent the last two days blocking them:
|Having a little swim in the sink|
|Drying in the sun, all nicely blocked :)|
I spent most of this afternoon tackling the mammoth job of adjusting the sleeve caps for my version of the Briar Rose - with the help of Tasha's epic post! I must admit that the whole process did give me a touch of brain ache, I shouldn't have been doing all that maths when the sun was shining so brightly! But luckily after much head scratching I finally got it, although as you can see...
... it took a while, and lots of scribbling! But as you may or may not be able to see on my computer screen below, I've finally filled in the final blanks in my knit along pattern! Hurrah, huzzah! Once I've knitted up the sleeves, and also the collar and little pocket, then I'll be done :)
I've already started on my first sleeve and I think I'm on a roll because I've nearly finished the rib work already!
|Pretty rib stitches :)|
So watch this space my friends, because pretty soon they'll be a lovely sweater for me to share with you!
But in the meantime, TTFN :)