Friday, 21 January 2011

What a difference a day makes

...On the progress of the Pendrell Blouse! Due to the terrible naughtiness I admitted to yesterday - i.e. completely ignoring the blouse in favour of the crepe dress - I decided to commit my day's sewing time to the blouse today, and I'm pleased to announce that I've caught up, so hurrah! In the end I didn't need to do any major adjustments to the pattern pieces - the most I did was remove some length from the hem line - because for once my measurements fitted into one size bracket perfectly. So I didn't need to use more than one pattern size, and because the blouse is designed to fit a C cup comfortably I didn't even need to do a bust adjustment. Well I just feel spoilt at how easy this pattern has made my life so far!

Having done the minor adjustments I needed I spent the rest of my time cutting each pattern piece out of my gorgeous pink silk-satin and that leaves me all up to date and ready to start construction next week.
All cut out and ready to go!
I also now have a nice little stash of off-cuts of the aforementioned fabric which have set the cogs whirring with ideas of pretty little pink projects. Perhaps they could be used to further my lingerie revolution, and I also quite fancy one of these pretty 1950s headbands in pink silk-satin :)
Oh the possibilities :)

I will leave you today with a few snap shots of things that have been making me happy for the past few days. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and check back soon for more updates!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...