Hello there my lovely readers!
What a busy week I've had, it's been crazy, filled with Jubilee madness and lots of happiness as I'm back in London for a little while. I'm so thrilled to be home, I've missed the magic of old London town!
|Images, Clockwise from Top Left:|
1. Me and my Union Jack Cake, 2. Everyone wanted a slice!, 3. My freshly baked Queen's Pudding,
4. A sneak peak of my new hair, 5. A very patriotic scone, 6. Even my show is celebrating the Jubilee :)
This week we celebrated the Queen's Diamond Jubilee here in the UK, 60 years on the throne, can you believe it? I have a lot of time for the Queen, so I had a lovely time celebrating this events with topical baking (a union jack Victoria Sponge and Mrs Beeton's Queen's Pudding!), spending time with my family and a red, white and blue outfit :) I hope that my UK readers all enjoyed their two bank holidays, had some marvellous street parties, ate lots of cake and generally had a marvellous time!
In other news I visited the fabulous new salon, Rockalily Cuts, run by the wonderful Ree Ree Rockette, and left with a very new look. I have ended up a hair colour that would rival Christina Hendricks and I couldn't be happier about it! I will share more details and pictures later, but for now let me just say that I had a wonderful time and I am very much enjoying my new look.
But enough about me, let's get on to what all you lovely bloggers have been writing about this week, it's time for this week's Wonderfuls!
- You all know how much I love embroidery, so check out this post from the Coletterie for inspiration for embroidered accents on clothes. I have so many ideas for future projects now!
- Speaking of embroidery, I have fallen in love with this free Narwhal embroidery pattern. Now I just need to find something to stitch him onto...
- The lovely Casey of Elegant Musings is starting a Pattern Grading Course! I cannot wait to take part in this, Casey is always so clear and concise with her tutorials, I'm sure this course is going to be brilliant :)
- I am head over heels in love with this stunning suit that Johanna made. I don't suppose you have a spare knocking about do you Johanna?
- Cassie Stephens, you know I admired you for a long time, but you have now found a place on my extreme wall of cool. This Empire Strikes Back dress may be the best thing I have ever seen :)
- And finally, a few sweet treats for you. First up, how about some cocktail inspired popsicles for this supposed-to-be Summer? But if it's still grey where you are (i.e. the whole of England!) then how about some of these toasted marshmallow squares? Guaranteed to brighten your day :)
And that's it for another week of Wonderfuls! I hope the rest of your wek is filled with adventures and I'll see you back here again soon.