Hello there my lovely readers and a very happy Wednesday to you all!
|Images, Each Row from Left to Right:|
1. I love a red hat! 2. My very own LIttle Red Squirrel! 3. Our new (to us) beauty :)
4. Mac + Cheese 5. Hanging with my pal Paddington 6. My belated Christmas gift from my Sweetheart
7. New styling for my hair 8. My knitting is growing! 9. Practising my pin curls :)
This week I have been:
my 1940s onesie pattern! I cannot wait to start sewing up my toiles, the pattern is so cute I can't get over it, but first of all I have to do some serious adjusting. The pattern is for a teeny tiny little girl, so I'm going to have to do some pretty intense scaling up, but I'm looking forward to the challenge :)
the new series of "Call The Midwife". I cannot tell you how happy I ma that this show is back on, I love it so much! The acting is fabulous and the stories are great, but mostly I just can't get over how divine some of the costumes are! I will definitely be posting about some of these outfits soon, they are just calling out to be shared. Plus I have some CTM inspired sewing and knitting projects in the works too, so watch this space!
quite a few lovelies from a relative of my Sweetheart. I cannot get over how lucky we are to have been given some of these treasures (including the typewriter above, in practically mint condition!) that have been so well loved and preserved over the years. I will write about this in more detail soon, but I'm overjoyed that we can offer a loving home to some of these gorgeous bits and bobs and that because of us they've avoided being thrown out or lost forever. Moments like that make me very happy :)
to wear more hats! I bought the prettiest red hat this week (pictured above) and I have decided that hats need to be worn more in modern life. I have quite the budding hat collection, so maybe it's time to dust them off and give them an airing!
to be recognised on the street for the first time by one of my lovely readers! This week I was stopped by the wonderful Nazneen, author of the blog The Postcolonial Rabbit. Nazneen, thank you so much for stopping to say hello, it was so nice to meet you and you genuinely made my week!
And to round of the day, let's see what else has been happening on the old blogosphere this week...
- If you are feeling at all blue this week then I insist that you make yourself one of these peanut butter and chocolate puddings. That should sort you right out! Unless of course you're not into the peanut butter/chocolate combo, in which case I'm not really sure what to say to you...!
- I had to share this outfit post from one of my favourite blogs, Sailing Over A Cardboard Sea, because it's so beautiful! I just adore that icy blue colour, don't you?
- And finally I think that this may be one of the best tutorials on vintage styling for curly hair that I have ever read, it's simply amazing. It has taken me years to tame my curly hair into vintage styles, so I can't wait to give some of these techniques a go, maybe I'll learn something new!
Have a wonderful rest of the week my lovely readers, I'll be back soon!