Wednesday 2 January 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls #103

Hello there my lovely readers and welcome to a slightly new style of Wednesday Wonderfuls...

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:1. I've got my pattern and fabric for my 1940s onsie!! 2. A new-to-me sweater for New Year's day, 3. Brownie!
4. Peppermint Patty Brownies! 5. Look Sweeter in a Sweater :) 6. Treats!

This week I have been...

Thinking about...
How lucky I am to have such a loving support network of friends and family around me. This is the first festive season in three years that I have been at home and been able to spend a significant amount of time with the ones I love. It has been a real blessing and I'm so grateful :)

Watching...
The Girl! I absolutely loved this little piece of drama so much that it has inspired me to make a Hitchcock themed New Year's resolution, but more on that later...

Planning...
My sewing and knitting projects for 2013. The pattern above is definitely on my to-do list - I want me a 1940s onesie in retro space fabric! Hell yeah! - but first up is a project I've been dying to try for ages: trousers! My first ever self-sewn pair of trousers using this pattern to be precise, an I can't wait to get going :)

Reading...
"Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson and it's been an incredible experience so far. I have laughed, cried, laughed some more, been deeply shocked and been deeply moved, and so far I've only read four chapters! I would recommend it to anyone who likes a blunter than blunt female voice (think Caitlin Moran but with even more bite). I can't wait to see how the rest of the book pans out. 

Excited About...
The endless possibilities that this New Year could bring. I'm currently in the rather scary of position of being between jobs, but instead of letting this terrify me I'm determined to see this as a chance for exciting new things to happen. I have no idea where I will be this time next year, I don't even have a clear idea of where I will be a month from now, but that's really quite exciting isn't it? Maybe this is the time for me to try something that I've always wanted to but never thought I could...

And now for some Wonderfuls from the blogosphere this week:



I hope you've been having a wonderful New year so far!

Katie xxx

I have taken the inspiration for this new kind of Wednesday Wonderfuls post from Danielle's "Currently" posts over at Sometimes Sweet. I want to share a bit more of myself on the blog this year and thought this would be a good way to do it. What are your thoughts on this new style of post? I'd love to know what you think!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I cannot wait to see your spaceman onesie!

Jessica Cangiano said...

I too am working to share more of myself online this year. I've always been an extremely private person for the most part, but as I get older, there are times when I no longer feel the need to be (or at least to be to the same extent). To that end, I very recently joined Facebook, then Instagram (as my super sweet husband gave me an iPhone for Christmas), and am planning on sharing a bit more "behind the scenes" of my life on my blog throughout 2013, too.

Here's wishing you an incredible New Year and all the best in '13!!!

♥ Jessica

almondrock.wordpress.com said...

Your onsie will be out of this world! ;-)

Ginger said...

Love the new style! It's fun to hear more about you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...