Friday 11 January 2013

My Just-A-Bit-Late-For-Christmas Beret!

Hi there lovely readers! Remember the Christmas jumper that I knitted at the end of last year? Well that jumper is actually part of a matching set, so I thought why not knit up the beret too? Because I'm trying to hold onto Christmas for as long as possible! (even though I am well aware that it's January now and I really should just get over it...!) Anyways, here it is in all it's glory, my just-a-bit-late-for-Christmas beret!

Any excuse to wear my cosy Christmas jumper again and I'm taking it!

In comparison to knitting the jumper this beret was a breeze, it was dead quick and dead simple and lots of fun to work on. Plus I think my colour scheme works just as well on the hat as it did on the jumper :)



I must admit I do feel a bit "over" fair isle after all this colour work, however much I love how the finished pieces look! I think my next knitting project will definitely be in a block colour, maybe with some fancy textured stitching thrown in to make up for the lack of colour work! 


For now it's time to say goodbye to my reindeer friends. What a shame I won't be able to wear this hat until next Christmas! Or won't I......?!

Bye for now!

Katie xxx

16 comments:

Corinne said...

This sweater is absolutely beautiful and the beret is the perfect compliment. Your work is fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

Adorable!! I can't even begin to say how much I love that set. I go through phases in my knitting, especially depending on how long/arduous a project is. Right now I'm knitting a solid colored bolero and was so excited about it but now just find myself longing for colorwork as I near the halfway point. lol

Wendy Bayford said...

Amazing! Much prefer you colour way to the original, so much so I didn't even realise it was a SIT pattern! Wonderful! x

Christina (herrlichkeiten) said...

This hat is adoreable, as is the sweater. I have the book, too and always admired the set, but never thought I might give it a try. Somehow your colour scheme makes it look so much easier to actually wear! The hat just moved up in my imaginary queue for next winter.

LandGirl1980 said...

Oh - you are so very talented!

ozzyblackbeard said...

Ooo, it's lovely! The reindeers are so sweet. I'm not a very Christmassy person, but even I think it's a shame to put it away until next winter.

Patty said...

I just love it! and no, it's not only for Christmas!

Sabrina said...

I really like the colours you chose for this project. The book version didn't really appeal to me at all, but your set is so cute! I think the red is great for all winter long. It's such a nice, warm colour.

Helen Made said...

I loved the jumper and the hat is just as great. The colours you picked definitely work!

HouseOFpinheiro said...

Aww I want to knit so I can wear this this chirstmas

Kat Sultanie said...

OMG they are both awesome! Knitting like this is a skill I would like to learn but I think a jumper like this is something I will have to work up to. I love Christmas jumpers!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Too cute for words! Seriously, this has to be one of the sweetest knit sets of any type I've ever seen.


♥ Jessica

Jaimee Byron said...

oh i love a knitted beret! this is so darling makes me excited for winter!!
xo
www.holllyhocksandpolkadots.blogspot.com.au

Debi_myhappysewingplace said...

I absolutely adore all your knitting! You wouldn't happen to do custom orders??

Nina Pitkäranta said...

They are lovely and you should add them to Ravelry, too!

beatricewinter said...

I'm finally catching up with some long overdue blog reading and can't get over your beautiful knitting projects. I'm only just starting out and hope to get to your knitting level and skills one day. So so cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...