Wednesday 8 August 2012

Wednesday Wonderfuls #82

Hello there my lovely readers, Happy Wednesday to you all!

Well, it's been a funny old week in the Little Red Squirrel world...

Images, Each line from Left to Right:
1. A beautiful blueberry cupcake, 2. I <3 Ice Cream! 3. My banana, walnut and chocolate cookie cake,
4. My earrings matched my dress :) 5. New hair makes me happy 6. Embroidered buttons on my nearly completed PJs
7. Vintage goodies, 8. The shop that the goodies came from! 9. These didn't fit me *sob!*

I had a wonderful time in Cardiff, seriously, what a gorgeous city! I'm so happy that I got to spend time there, I found some brilliant shops and had a very lovely time indeed :) But now I find myself back at home (big, big yay! so happy about this!) and I'm starting to see the light at the end of tunnel with my current job. Acting contracts only ever last for a limited amount of time, and after almost a year of working with the same bunch of gorgeous people on the same show it's now starting to hit home that the next time I have any time off it will be because this job is over and I'm another unemployed actor. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, this type of thing is kind of what you sign up for if you decide to be a performer for a living, but it's all a bit bitter sweet and I've been finding myself in slight states of melancholy, looking back over the past (almost) year. However, this period of upcoming change has made me realise just how thankful I am for the good things in my life. And one of those things is most definitely this blog and each and every one of you who take the time out of your busy lives to read it. I cannot describe how much that means to me. Even though I have a feeling that my life may be a little bit complicated in the near future having this little happy place brings me a lot of joy, so thank you all so much :)

Well, that was an uncharacteristically deep look into my week, but hopefully if I can quickly distract you with some Wonderfuls you won't mind! So bring on the Wonderfuls!


Well that's it for another week of Wonderfuls, I'll see you again soon my lovely readers, hopefully to share a new project or two :)

Bye for now,

Katie xxx

5 comments:

Rhia said...

Loving your hairdo! Looks perfect on you :D 

Sabrina said...

Mmm... That cake looks amazing! It's always a bit sad when things end, but I'm sure you'll pick up something else that is just as awesome very soon.

Anushka said...

Oh my dear, I am the same, cast changes are my livelihood and after them I am yet another unemployed costume/wardrobe person! It is depressing, but I am sure with your experience and expertise you will find more stuff soon enough. (I hope the same about myself!) xx

Ginger said...

 Thanks for sharing these links!  I especially enjoyed the post about decluttering... it's a constant struggle! 

I hope that the next chapter of your life is a happy and rewarding one-- I work in film & TV (but on the production side... I don't have any talent!), and it really is difficult to work tons of hours nonstop for months, and then suddenly not have a job.  I really hope your next gig is lovely and that you get just the right amount of down time between jobs.  :)

Ashwin Nambiar said...

Great rread thankyou

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...