Hello there lovely readers, and a very happy Wednesday to you all!
I hope you're having a brilliant week so far, I actually have some news for you all. I have a little confession to make about my somewhat sporadic blogging of late. You may have noticed that my last few posts have been a little spaced out, and obviously I took a little break from blogging at the beginning of this month, well there's a good reason for my absence in the blogging world: I have a new job! As a performer you never really know when you'll get your next gig after finishing a show, but I am lucky enough to be going straight into rehearsals for my next adventure. And I must admit I'm pretty excited about it, I'm going to be in the UK tour of Sister Act the Musical!
Like I said, very excited! It's only since I've been looking over the touring schedule that I have realised how little of the UK I have actually seen, so exploring it is going to be so much fun :) Of course this job means that I'm going to have less time on my hands for blogging - I've been rehearsing for three days and I'm already pretty exhausted! - so please bear with me while I deal with this change in my life. But don't worry, I love this blog too much to abandon it just because I have less time to spare, I'll just have to learn how to manage my time better. Plus I'll make sure that the posts I do share are extra special to make up for the possible lack of them, quality not quantity I say :)
So there's my news, and I must admit I'm feeling really happy with my lot right now, so please allow me to send a bit of that happiness your way with some fabulous Wednesday Wonderfuls:
- I must admit that I can be a bit clueless when it comes to the inner workings of my sewing machine, so this post from "So, Zo... What do you know?" was very interesting reading. I really need to change my needle for every new project I start. Just changing it at all would be a start...!
- Here's a brilliant video tutorial from Vintage in a Modern World, a simple 1920s style for long hair. I need to give this one a go methinks :)
- I loved this post about the seven deadly sins of sewing by Portia, it's a great idea to pinpoint the things that can hold you back in your crafting so that you can avoid them!
- These social media propaganda posters over at Dear Golden really made me laugh, I just had to share them with you :)
- Tasha has been lovely and generous enough to share a beautiful vintage knitting pattern, it's absolutely beautiful, please do a knit-along Tasha!
- Anyone who knows me will know about my love of pie so as you can imagine my heart skipped a beat when I saw this recipe over at Joy the Baker. Now I just need more free time so that I can bake to my heart's content!
- I'm a big fan of the Freelancer's Fashionblog but this post seemed particularly perfect. Perfect photos, perfect outfit, perfect hair, basically a perfect blog, check it out!
- Wendy has shared some brilliant screen shots from Glorious 39, they are stunning. I really want to see the film now and I want every single outfit that Romola Garai wears!
And there you have it, your Wednesday Wonderfuls for this week. I hope you've enjoyed them and that they've added a bit of joy to your midweek :) That's it from me for today, but I'll be back soon, bye for now!