Hello there! I hope you all had a marvelous V-day, I must admit my Sweetheart did very well, and we spent our evening at the BFI Southbank watching the fabulous Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in "To Have And Have Not". Needless to say a good time was had by all!
I also have to share with you the gift I gave my boy, an absolutely beautiful vintage book of love poems:
What really kills me about this book is that it was given as a gift to someone else's sweetheart over 100 years ago! It just makes it all the more special. I like to think of this book as a present for both of us, because I'll get just as much pleasure out of it as he will:)
And now let me bring you some of my favourite pieces of the blog world this week!
I've been thrilled that the topic of lingerie seems to be very popular this week, including:
- Casey's beautiful 30s style camisole (made from the "Undies Book", of which I have a copy! I need to use it ASAP...)
- Rachel's stunning lacy knickers, complete with a tutorial
- and these lovely 1930s pajama scans over at Wearing History
- Miss P is thinking of organising a draft-along for newbie pattern drafters like myself. This would be marvelous so if you're interested do pop over to her blog and offer some support!
- And finally these sandwiches, made by the genius that is Joy the Baker, could be considered perfection...
Happy Wednesday everyone!