Thursday 18 April 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls: #117 + #118

Hello there my lovely readers! Welcome to another (day late - oops!) addition of Wednesday Wonderfuls!

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:
1. Getting tattooed! Eeee! 2. Pretty berry nails 3. My gorgeous robin :)
4. Fancy easter egg 5. My hair looks funny just out of rollers! 6. Best drink ever
7. Homemade broccoli fritters 8. My beautiful boy 9. Package of joy!
Over the past two weeks I have been:

Getting...
Tattooed! Yes I finally took the plunge and got my first tattoo, a little Robin on the top of my left thigh, done by the wonderful Amy Savage at Jayne Doe Tattoo in Hornchurch. It was terrifyingly amazing, and definitely one of the best things that I've ever done. I will be writing more about the whole tattoo experience over the next couple of days, but for now let me just say that yes it hurt but nothing that I couldn't handle, and I actually think that the healing process is the hardest part! I can't wait for it to be completely healed and I can just enjoy it :)

Obsessing...
over absolutely everything at What Katie Did. Seriously, I cannot get enough of their underwear! I have decided that from now onwards I will stick to just their shop when it comes to buying lingerie, the fit is just so good and everything is so comfy! I'm hoping for What Katie Did vouchers for every Birthday from now on! I also tried on a corset on my last visit, so maybe they'll be some corset training in my future...

Nesting...
in our flat. Although we've been living in the flat for 6 months now, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done to really make it ours. There's only so much we can do with a furnished rented property, but I'm trying my best! Hanging things on the walls and trying to find clever ways of organising storage goes a long way :)

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:
1. New to me mirrors 2. Rolls in my hair :) 3. Pandas on my dressing gown!
4. Xena is awesome 5. My hair always looks best just before I go to sleep - annoyingly! 6. Pretty sparkles :)
7. Brogues and fruity socks, that's how I roll 8. I love my new 1940s coat 9. Homemade paprika chicken

Watching...
or rather re-watching Xena Warrior Princess! We are giving Netflix a try and are loving the fact that we can indulge in some old favourites (Xena for me and Deep Space Nine for him!). I do love a woman who can rock a leather outfit, swing a sword and always have perfect hair :)

Looking forward to...
warmer weather! The sun has finally started to make an appearance over the past couple of days and I can't tell you how happy it has made me! I just want to start on some spring/summer sewing projects and dust off all my vintage summer frocks, we deserve a bit of sunshine after all this snow and rain!

Longing for...
a trip away. Both my Sweetheart and I have started new jobs recently and the change of routine is starting to take it's toll! We have very little time together to relax and just enjoy each other's company, so I find myself dreaming about getting away, even just for a long weekend, and spending some quality time. Who knows if or when it will happen, but it would make me awfully happy if it did! Maybe somewhere hot where I could show off my new tattoo on the beach... :)

And now let me show you what else has been catching my eye on the blogosphere over the past two weeks:

Have a wonderful week my lovely readers!

Katie xxx

12 comments:

DrapedinCloudlets said...

Your tattoo is so great - congratulations!

Sarah said...

You definitely earn a tattoo, no? Yours is beautiful - congratulations!

Anna said...

Oh my, that is one of the most gorgeous tattoos I have ever seen! Go you for taking the plunge! x

anne said...

Nooooo Tattoo's!!! Dosen't go with the look. You were born perfect - no amount of tattooing will make you any better (UGHH)

misskatiered said...

Thanks for your opinion anne, but I didn't do it to make myself better, I happen to think real tattoo art is beautiful :) and as for whether it goes with the look, lots of women in the 40s were discreetly tattooed for their sweethearts away at war, it's a really romantic bit of history :)

misskatiered said...

Thanks Sarah! It was worth it in the end :)

misskatiered said...

Thanks Anna, I'm glad you like it, it took me a long while to decide what to get and find the right artist, but I'm thrilled with the end result!

Carla said...

Your tattoo is absolutely gorgeous!! I simply adore it. And you chose the most awesomely lovely bird!

Debi_myhappysewingplace said...

Love your tattoo! I am so looking forward to reading about your experience. Funnily enough, I've been thinking of getting one as well!! And I love your hair in all these photos!!

Anushka Tay said...

Your first tattoo - how exciting!! The nails are gorgeous too. I'm rather envious of your nesting, funny how much you appreciate everything utterly domestic which seems to mundane when you are touring! (Weeklies takes it out of a girl!)

Julia Fisher said...

Ew @ Anne. Shut up and go away, no one cares. Your tattoo is beautiful, holy moly!

LandGirl1980 said...

Stunning nails and tat :) I have not been under the needle for YEARS. I have itchy skin (now you have had your first, you will be wanting another!) I just need to decide what to have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...