Hello there my lovely readers! Welcome to another (day late - oops!) addition of Wednesday Wonderfuls!
|Images, Each Row from Left to Right:|
1. Getting tattooed! Eeee! 2. Pretty berry nails 3. My gorgeous robin :)
4. Fancy easter egg 5. My hair looks funny just out of rollers! 6. Best drink ever
7. Homemade broccoli fritters 8. My beautiful boy 9. Package of joy!
Over the past two weeks I have been:
Tattooed! Yes I finally took the plunge and got my first tattoo, a little Robin on the top of my left thigh, done by the wonderful Amy Savage at Jayne Doe Tattoo in Hornchurch. It was terrifyingly amazing, and definitely one of the best things that I've ever done. I will be writing more about the whole tattoo experience over the next couple of days, but for now let me just say that yes it hurt but nothing that I couldn't handle, and I actually think that the healing process is the hardest part! I can't wait for it to be completely healed and I can just enjoy it :)
over absolutely everything at What Katie Did. Seriously, I cannot get enough of their underwear! I have decided that from now onwards I will stick to just their shop when it comes to buying lingerie, the fit is just so good and everything is so comfy! I'm hoping for What Katie Did vouchers for every Birthday from now on! I also tried on a corset on my last visit, so maybe they'll be some corset training in my future...
in our flat. Although we've been living in the flat for 6 months now, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done to really make it ours. There's only so much we can do with a furnished rented property, but I'm trying my best! Hanging things on the walls and trying to find clever ways of organising storage goes a long way :)
or rather re-watching Xena Warrior Princess! We are giving Netflix a try and are loving the fact that we can indulge in some old favourites (Xena for me and Deep Space Nine for him!). I do love a woman who can rock a leather outfit, swing a sword and always have perfect hair :)
Looking forward to...
warmer weather! The sun has finally started to make an appearance over the past couple of days and I can't tell you how happy it has made me! I just want to start on some spring/summer sewing projects and dust off all my vintage summer frocks, we deserve a bit of sunshine after all this snow and rain!
a trip away. Both my Sweetheart and I have started new jobs recently and the change of routine is starting to take it's toll! We have very little time together to relax and just enjoy each other's company, so I find myself dreaming about getting away, even just for a long weekend, and spending some quality time. Who knows if or when it will happen, but it would make me awfully happy if it did! Maybe somewhere hot where I could show off my new tattoo on the beach... :)
And now let me show you what else has been catching my eye on the blogosphere over the past two weeks:
- Have you seen the final project parade for the Sew For Victory challenge? It's bloody brilliant! Everyone who was involved should be proud, such creative people and beautiful projects :)
- Gertie, ever the technique teacher, shows us a brilliant way to cutting slippery fabrics using tissue paper!
- I loved watching Tilly in The Great British Sewing Bee, she did so well under what looked like crazy pressure, see what her thoughts were on the experience here.
- Here's a brilliant article from Rock n Roll Bride about getting out of your own way, something that we all need to do once in a while!
- And finally some yummy treats for you: strawberries and angel food ice cream, french bread pizza and smashed raspberry lemonade cocktails!
Have a wonderful week my lovely readers!