Wednesday 20 March 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls #113 + #114

Hello there my lovely readers! Long time no see :) happy Wednesday to you all, I  hope you've been having a great couple of weeks.

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:
1. Sweet biscuity goodness 2. New brooch to add to the collection 3. A candlelit dinner made by my Sweetheart :)
4. New VOH jeans 5. Tailor's tacks 6. Just going to the cinema in rollers, no big deal
7. Fabric addict 8. Beaded cardigans make me happy 9. Homemade sticky chicken and rice
 

Over the past two weeks I have been...

Feeling...
pretty overwhelmed actually. As you've probably noticed I've been a bit off the radar with my blogging in general, which has mostly been due to my new job. I'm finding it a bit difficult to adjust to regular working hours, years of working nights at theatres have obviously taken their toll on me! I am now starting to adapt and use my time more productively, but for a while there I was just getting home and crashing before going to bed and doing it all again the next day. I really admire all you ladies who work full time jobs and still find the time to blog, you are super-women! Slowly but surely I'm getting back into the swing of my blogging, and I've got some fun posts planned in the near future, so hopefully I'll soon have my blogging mojo back properly :) we'll see, baby steps for now!

Reading...
the first book in the Beautiful Creatures series. I really enjoyed the film so I thought I'd give the books a go (I'm pretty much always a bigger fan of the book than the film with all adaptations!) and although I'm not hooked yet I am enjoying it. I often think it's a shame that some books get labelled as only for young adults, because if a book is well written surely it can be loved by people of all ages? Just look at Harry Potter! 

Planning...
something that I've been thinking about for a long time: my first tattoo! I know that quite a few of you lovely ladies have ink of your own, I've been a long time admirer of some of your artwork, so I thought it was about time I joined the club! I've got my design all picked out and I'm really looking forward to the big day, I just hope I'm not too much of a wimp when it comes to the pain :)


Images, Each Row from Left to Right:
1. Homemade bolognese 2. Brown paper packages tied up with string :) 3. I think Easter's coming!
4. Grading and notching 5. Treats 6. It's coming along!
7. Sweets from my Sweetheart 8. Every girl loves a pair of new (to her) shoes 9. Homemade paella

Cooking...
a lot more than usual, one of the other reasons I've been a bit more absent than usual! Cooking takes me a while because I'm quite inexperienced but I love it and I've been so happy that I've finally had the time to do it properly. Isn't it amazing the difference a home cooked meal can make to your day? And your energy? It's brilliant. I'm definitely becoming a home-cooking convert.


Working on...
my 1940s suit with every spare minute that I have. It's coming along, but slowly, particularly as I can only dedicate a little bit of time to it each day, but next day off I get I'm going to get as much done as possible. It will be finished in time of the Sew For Victory deadline I tell you! Plus I just want to wear it, it looks so cute!

And, of course, there's been a lot going on in the rest of the blogosphere recently too...

Have a wonderful rest of the week my lovely readers and I'll be back soon!

Bye for now,

Katie xxx

2 comments:

Anne Sofie Wang Pedersen said...

a tattoo that sounds exciting:)
I am a big fan of home-cooking, and am finally beginning to cook again after some years of illness where I haven't had the energy for it. And it tastes so well - well most of the time;)

Emileigh M. said...

Hello Katie! I nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award!

http://flashbacksummer.blogspot.com/2013/03/leibster-award.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...