Hello there my lovely readers and welcome to another Wednesday Wonderfuls post!
|Images, Each Row from Left to Right:1. Faux bangs and bow :) 2. The kitchen garden is growing! 3. Loving this books|
4. Made over duck! 5. My new bag friend, Mirabel :) 6. Revamping this frame for a brooch board
7. Macaroons = Love 8. Babycham, yes please! 9. Chiffon scarves make bedtime chic!
Over the past two weeks I have been...
my new job! It;s all been a bit manic, making the transition from part time work to full time, but it was a necessary change and it seems to be going well so far. I still can't get over the fact that I'm home before 7:00pm everyday, in the theatre I would be getting ready to start at that time!
my pattern cutting course. I have loved every second of this course, and I have learnt so much, I will be really quite sad that I have my Monday nights back again! I can't wait to try out everything that I've learnt by sewing up some of my own patterns, it's very exciting to think of all of the possibilities, watch this space!
like a demon to try and finish my blue jumper. I will finish it, I will, I will!
"Knit Back in Time" by Geraldine Warner and I'm really loving it so far. I bought the book in preparation to working on some of my original 1950s knitting patterns and everything that I've read so far has been a great help to making the whole process of altering vintage patterns seem much simpler. I'll definitely be writing more about this book in the future, I think it's going to be a must-read for anyone starting out with vintage knitting patterns.
lots of little projects around the house! In the past two weeks I have started my very own brooch board (for my ever growing collection of brooches!) and I have given some rather tired looking flying ducks (that I rescued from my previous job) a make over. These little projects are making me quite ridiculously happy, I feel better for feathering my rented nest to the best of my ability!
in some fabulously retro alcoholic beverages :) I have recently tried snowballs and Babycham and I have to say I'm a big fan of both, particularly the former, it tastes like a lemonade milkshake!
And let's see what else has been going on in the blogosphere over the past fortnight...
- Have you seen the beautiful patterns that Gertie has released for Spring/Summer? One of each please!!!
- These may be the best cupcakes ever. Irish cream and chocolate. What's not to like?
- I want to go to this party, these pictures are just stunning.
- If you're getting involved in Sew For Victory or you just have a love of all things 40s then you really must check this video out: Sew Smart in 1948
- I need to live in Marianne's house. Can that be arranged please?
- And finally a bit of filmic inspiration for you, from the lovely Wendy of The Butterfly Balcony. I want every one of Amy Adams' outfits :)
Have a wonderful rest of the week my lovely readers!
Bye for now,