Hello there lovely readers and a very happy Wednesday to you all!
I have been having the most marvellous time in Edinburgh so far, exploring the beautiful city, munching some pretty fabulous food and also having the great pleasure of meeting the wonderful Debi of My Happy Sewing Place, I was quite starstruck I can tell you! But more on that later :)
Today I visited the Elephant House, the birth place of Harry Potter - where J.K. Rowling sat and looked out of the back window to the castle and scribbled down stories of Hogwarts :) - and I had a lovely old time! The food was delicious, I had the most yummy food, steak pie and mash followed by malteaser cake, and a lovely natter with my gal pals, it was great! A good time was had by all, if you've never been I would recommend it, it's a very atmospheric place and as a Harry Potter fan I must admit that it felt like a pretty special place :)
|nom, nom, nom!|
I can't wait to be able to share my proper pictures of my adventures so far with you all, I have seen so much, Edinburgh really is a fantastic city, I have quite fallen in love with it :) But for now I will have to tempt you with some Wednesday Wonderfuls to tide you over until the pictures come. And I've gathered some good ones this week!
- Tasha has started a great set of posts all about fair isle knitting. Believe me she knows her stuff so these are definitely going to be worth reading :)
- Check out these beautiful crochet project suggestions over at Here's Looking At Me Kid, I want to try them all! Although of course I'd need to master the art of crochet first...
- I discovered a new online tutorial for multi-layed tulle petticoats and just had to share it with you all. This one looks quick and easy and so pretty with all the different colours together :)
- The Cats and the Berries have put together a beautiful selection of vintage pyjama and lounge wear pictures and I just couldn't stop looking at them. I adore these kinds of things, believe you cannot fail to be inspired when you browse through these images, some really gorgeous items, I'll take one of each please!
- If like me you are a fan of the blog Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing you will love Tilly's Day in the Life post this week, which features none other than the lovely Gertie! This was a great post and has made me love both Gertie and Tilly all the more, yay for lovely sewing bloggers!
- And finally Debi has once again created something beautiful, this time a "Kitten" gathered skirt, I want one just like it please! And Debi, I think your kitty looks just perfect in that bow :)
Didn't I tell you there was some great stuff in there? :) That's it from me tonight, but I have some other great posts lined up, I cannot wait to share my adventures with you all! Seriously, Edinburgh is brilliant!
Bye for now!