Monday 19 March 2012

A Finished Project... well, nearly!

Hello readers, I told you there would be some sewing here again soon! I've had a lovely time over the last couple of days beavering away at my sewing machine, and here are the fruits of my labour, she's a wrap-around dress made from a 1950s pattern from my stash:

The sweetest blue dress ever!

Isn't she a cutie? I've fallen pretty hard for this dress, it reminds me of something Zooey Deschanel would wear, which can only ever be a good thing :)

Time for some close ups of the front and back for your viewing pleasure:

Front View and Back View

As you can see this lovely dress is completely finished construction-wise, but I'm quite keen to add a bit of ornamentation to it. I don't want to give too much away right now, but I will be using this tutorial although not quite in the same way. All I can say is I think that when it's completed this dress will be a definite favourite in my spring/summer wardrobe, it's going to be so cute! 

I cannot wait to wear this dress :)

I hope you like this little beauty as much as I do, I'll post more pictures as soon as she's completed!

I'll be back soon with more sewing/knitting updates and also some more posts on the UFO/Stash Busting Project, I'll soon be looking for entries for the March Monthly Round Up, so get those projects under way (here's February's Round Up if you're not sure what I'm talking about)

Bye for now!

Katie xxx

15 comments:

Twosquirrelsvintage said...

Oh you wonderful wee squirrel, she is so very pretty.
I am so excited to see her when she has her first outing.
Love v

Elisalex said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with, with *that* tutorial as a guide! Deliciousness, I'm sure!

Liz said...

Lovely dress and a beautiful colour!

Sarah Rooftops said...

I love the colour! What a pretty dress.

Bimbleandpimble said...

This is stunning! I love the colour and the fit. Tres chic!

Lynne Williams said...

Yup, this color will no doubt be fab on you.  Have fun with your embellishing

Angela Boroden said...

This is adorable. I love this dress shape and color!

Sunjo said...

Love this dress, it's so cute! Perfect for spring :)

Sabrina said...

Looks great! Perfect spring/summer colour!

Jess Lucas said...

This is SUCH a lovely dress! What pattern did you use? Its funny as soon as I saw photo I thought Zooey deschanel:)
x x 

Crissy_baker said...

due to your general awesomeness in the world of craft, i nominated you for the versatile blogger award! you don't have to do anything... or participate... but if you want to just check out my blog! also, if you already got one, oops and nevermind! xoxo!

Cassie Stephens said...

okay, totally love this color, it is one of my faves. And will look beautiful with your hair  and skin color. What fabulousness! I need some sewing lessons. Next time you're in Nashville, TN, lemme know would you? I could use a little help ;) Can't wait to see the finished result!

Elise said...

Ooh its gorgeous, love the colour! :)

Wendy Bayford said...

Goodness that's such a lovely dress, I'm very excited to see what wonderful embellishments going to give it!

misskatiered said...

Thank you so much, that's so sweet of you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...